Secretary of the Army to conduct town hall at USAG Bavaria
By 7th Army Training Command news releaseJanuary 25, 2018
GRAFENWOEHR, Germany -- The Secretary of the Army hosts a town hall forum open to ID cardholders Jan. 30 here at Tower Barracks Theater from 9 - 10 a.m.
Dr. Mark T. Esper, who is the Army's 23rd secretary, specifically asked to conduct a town hall during his one-day visit to U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria -- the Army's largest overseas garrison.
The event is open to all service members -- including rotational troops -- family members and employees. Participants are encouraged to bring their questions, but are asked to keep relevance in mind.
As secretary, Esper's responsibilities include the recruitment, organization, training, equipping, and care of the Army's 1.4 million Soldiers, civilians and their families, according to the Army's website.
Esper is a 1986 graduate of the U.S. Military Academy and received his commission in the Infantry. He was confirmed by the U.S. Senate, Nov. 15, 2017, and sworn in as the 23rd secretary of the U.S. Army, Nov. 20, 2017.
- June 15, 2018Landing Zone open for business despite renovations
- June 15, 2018Army secretary releases reduction requirement memos to improve readiness
- June 15, 2018Benelux leadership talks Schinnen Transformation
- June 14, 2018US Soldier from The Gambia gives his best while giving back
- June 14, 2018CO praises depot workforce's effort in P2P, CIP, safety
- June 8, 20183SB Families Prepare for Soldiers' Return
- June 8, 2018Brussels Fitness Center opens for 24/7 access
- June 7, 201830th Air Defense Artillery Brigade welcomes new command sergeant major
- June 7, 2018Registration open for Best CBRN Warrior Competition
- June 7, 2018Fort Jackson inducts four into post hall of fame
- June 5, 2018Army Secretary Esper announces 'Army Vision' for 2028
- June 5, 2018Thousands of visitors attend Fort McCoy's 2018 Armed Forces Day Open House
- June 5, 2018EOD Soldiers compete for best
- June 4, 2018Opening Ceremony blows into Falcon Stadium
- June 4, 2018Quartermaster School celebrates new noncommissioned officers
- June 4, 2018100 YEARS OF BENNING: Columbus Museum opens Fort Benning centennial retrospective exhibition