7th Army Training Command hosts Allied Spirit VIII
By Ms. Lacey Justinger (USAREUR)January 11, 2018
GRAFENWOEHR, Germany (Jan. 8, 2017) -- Approximately 4,100 participants from 10 nations will take part in exercise Allied Spirit VIII at the 7th Army Training Command's Hohenfels Training Area in southeastern Germany, Jan. 15-Feb. 5, 2018.
Nearly 2,420 participants will come from the United States and approximately 1,680 participants are scheduled to participate from allied and partner nations of Albania, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, the United Kingdom.
In this exercise, Poland's 12th Mechanized Brigade will command the multinational brigade headquarters. The Allied Spirit series rotates countries as the brigade headquarters leading the exercise, so all participating countries gain experience of working together in and for a multinational effort.
Allied Spirit VIII is unique in its ability to provide hands-on experience and testing of secure communications between NATO allies and partners.
- February 8, 2018To 'bee' a good speller or not to 'bee'
- February 6, 2018FORSCOM Frontline - Feb. 2, 2018
- February 5, 2018US Army celebrates Super Bowl LII in Hohenfels
- February 5, 2018Army Signal Soldiers test new TTPs at Allied Spirit VIII
- February 1, 2018'No room for excuses': Army medics use Allied Spirit training to save lives in combat
- January 31, 2018Rubie personifies Soldier for Life spirit at Installation Management Command
- January 31, 2018Interoperability Training is the Allied Spirit
- January 31, 2018'Air Cav' enhances interoperability at Allied Spirit
- January 29, 201884 EN BN FSC Conducts Deployment Readiness Exercise
- January 29, 2018Army policemen show the crucial role they play in American, European defense in Allied Spirit
- January 26, 2018TSAE: One-Stop Shop for Opportunity Training
- January 25, 2018NATO - Multinational Division North-East takes helm of Allied Spirit VIII
- January 11, 2018JMRC plans to incorporate SHORAD into exercises
- January 8, 2018Allied Spirit VIII to test multinational communications, interoperability