Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st Cavalry Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsJanuary 10, 2018
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2018 deployment of the 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, to Europe.
The 1st Armored Brigade will replace 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division as part of a regular rotation of forces to support Operation Atlantic Resolve.
"The Ironhorse Brigade looks forward to returning to Europe to continue working with our NATO and regional partners," said Col. Wilson Rutherford IV, commander of 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division. "We are a trained armored brigade combat team which is fully prepared to conduct a full range of operations in support of U.S. Army Europe. Our professional leaders and soldiers are honored at the opportunity to contribute to this longstanding strategic alliance."
For more information contact the 1st Cavalry Division public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Gabriel Ramirez, email@example.com, by phone at 254-287-9398.
- November 1, 201930th ABCT provides armored vehicles in fight against ISIS
- November 1, 20191st Infantry Division first to field new night vision equipment
- October 31, 2019Lancer Brigade Kicks Off Expert Soldier Badge and Expert Infantry Badge
- October 28, 201930th ABCT reunites with equipment in Kuwait
- October 28, 201930th Armored Brigade Combat Team reunites with equipment in Kuwait
- October 28, 2019Big Red One Soldiers load up after successful deployment
- October 26, 2019U.S. Army Reserve Firefighters Cool Autumn Flames
- October 25, 2019ASA(ALT) at Work: PEO Soldier
- October 23, 20192-1 CD Convoy Marks the Fifth Iteration
- October 22, 2019Redeploying From Atlantic Resolve
- October 21, 2019Regulars Battalion masters the fundamentals during squad live fire exercises
- October 21, 2019At-the-halt network prototypes increase mobility, computing power
- October 21, 20196-9 Cav. Maintenance team supports gunnery tables
- October 21, 2019215 BSB builds teamwork with a spur ride
- October 17, 2019Modern Weapons: Newly fielded M17s used at ranges
- October 6, 2019Greywolf increases readiness with focused maintenance program