Holiday Season 2017
By Brig. Gen. David J. Francis and Command Sgt. Maj. Ernest D. Bowen, Jr.November 16, 2017
Thanksgiving is upon us, and this week Soldiers around the world will gather in gratitude with loved ones and friends. Others will remain in harm's way, observing the day in the company of their brothers and sisters in arms. Wherever you are, we are thankful for you and grateful for your service and sacrifice. Thank you for what you do every day for our Army and our Nation.
Thanksgiving also marks the beginning of the hustle and bustle of the traditional holiday season. The next few weeks will be among the busiest travel times of the year, and now is the time to develop a plan to execute your journeys safely. Adequate rest, preparing for weather contingencies and celebrating responsibly all will help ensure you and your family make lasting happy memories. Enjoy your time off, but do so with an end goal in mind - returning home alive and ready to fight.
We wish you all a joyful and safe Thanksgiving and holiday season.
Readiness Through Safety!
- September 22, 2019Soldier Care through Unit Risk Inventory Survey
- September 20, 2019Providing safety to the installation, the residents and the climate
- September 20, 2019USAGs Japan, Okinawa work to improve safety, quality of life in Army housing
- September 19, 2019Working for the Soldiers: ANAD provides maintenance support for National Guard unit
- September 18, 2019Battery commander explains safety operations during live fire exercise
- September 18, 2019Japan Ground Self-Defense Force examines safety diagram
- September 18, 2019Fire Direction Officer executes safety diagram for live fire exercise
- September 16, 2019Oktoberfest 2019 in Munich: A traveler's guide
- September 12, 2019Fort Knox children, parents celebrate start of fall sports season
- September 12, 2019Soldiers from Uzbekistan traveled to U.S. Army Alaska's Black Rapids Training Site for training
- September 12, 2019Housing town hall at Fort Drum raises some seasonal concerns for community members
- September 12, 2019Labor Day Safety Message
- September 12, 2019Eighth Army Safety Gram - Chuseok Holiday
- September 12, 2019Madigan improves food safety
- September 12, 2019Four service exchanges join forces for first time at electronics expo
- September 12, 2019Traveling Time Bomb