Holiday Season 2017
By Brig. Gen. David J. Francis and Command Sgt. Maj. Ernest D. Bowen, Jr.November 16, 2017
Thanksgiving is upon us, and this week Soldiers around the world will gather in gratitude with loved ones and friends. Others will remain in harm's way, observing the day in the company of their brothers and sisters in arms. Wherever you are, we are thankful for you and grateful for your service and sacrifice. Thank you for what you do every day for our Army and our Nation.
Thanksgiving also marks the beginning of the hustle and bustle of the traditional holiday season. The next few weeks will be among the busiest travel times of the year, and now is the time to develop a plan to execute your journeys safely. Adequate rest, preparing for weather contingencies and celebrating responsibly all will help ensure you and your family make lasting happy memories. Enjoy your time off, but do so with an end goal in mind - returning home alive and ready to fight.
We wish you all a joyful and safe Thanksgiving and holiday season.
Readiness Through Safety!
- June 22, 2019ARCENT Hosts Safety Fair in Kuwait
- June 21, 2019How Data Driven Analysis Can Reduce Operational Risk
- June 20, 2019Fourth of July firework safety
- June 19, 2019AvMC team travels to Fort Campbell to gain insight, build esprit de corps
- June 18, 2019Dam Safety at Truman Lake
- June 18, 2019Unforeseen hazards: Mitigating risks with battle buddies
- June 17, 2019Overshadowing safety: Range mishap severly injures Soldier
- June 14, 2019Why students shouldn't expect the Army to be their "safety school"
- June 13, 2019Weather and safety leave changes shared
- June 13, 2019Vectors to nowhere: Aircraft safety
- June 12, 2019Leaders talk Florida Guard capabilities before peak hurricane season
- June 10, 2019SMDC stands down for safety
- May 30, 2019DOD Centers share best practices on 'Securing Borders against Traveling Terrorists'
- May 28, 2019What is Family Medical Travel Screening?
- May 24, 20198th TSC 2019 Memorial Day Holiday Safety Message
- May 24, 2019The heat is on to practice safety at the start of 101 Critical Days of Summer