Holiday Season 2017
By Brig. Gen. David J. Francis and Command Sgt. Maj. Ernest D. Bowen, Jr.November 16, 2017
Thanksgiving is upon us, and this week Soldiers around the world will gather in gratitude with loved ones and friends. Others will remain in harm's way, observing the day in the company of their brothers and sisters in arms. Wherever you are, we are thankful for you and grateful for your service and sacrifice. Thank you for what you do every day for our Army and our Nation.
Thanksgiving also marks the beginning of the hustle and bustle of the traditional holiday season. The next few weeks will be among the busiest travel times of the year, and now is the time to develop a plan to execute your journeys safely. Adequate rest, preparing for weather contingencies and celebrating responsibly all will help ensure you and your family make lasting happy memories. Enjoy your time off, but do so with an end goal in mind - returning home alive and ready to fight.
We wish you all a joyful and safe Thanksgiving and holiday season.
Readiness Through Safety!
- March 15, 2019Army leaders from across the country visit Chicago to discuss the way ahead for multi-component comm
- March 15, 2019Norfolk District pours out the word on Virginia Flood Awareness Week
- March 13, 2019Outdoor Rec looks forward to a host of adventures: Skydiving, canoeing, hunting, fishing and more
- March 8, 201920th CBRNE Command Ensures Safety by Operationalizing Headquarters Move
- March 7, 2019Safety star status within reach
- March 6, 2019Washington Guard Aviators receive training and evaluation in preparation for fire season
- March 5, 2019Flu season not quite over
- March 1, 2019Building blaze sheds light on NSSC fire safety
- February 28, 2019Jackson CG highlights driving safety, transition efforts
- February 28, 2019Crane Army Recognized for Safety Initiative
- February 26, 2019Traffic fines in Italy may leave drivers with less money in pockets
- February 22, 2019Investing in the Health and Safety of Our Warfighters
- February 15, 2019Speeding on post puts lives at risk
- February 14, 2019The importance of a safety brief: Accident Prevention
- February 13, 2019Importance of planning, PPE when riding an ATV: Risk Management