By U.S. Army Cadet Command Public AffairsNovember 1, 2017
Fort Knox, Ky. (Nov, 1, 2017) -- Ten college seniors from universities across the country have been selected by Cadet Command as the top Army Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets for its annual national order-of-merit list.
These cadets are scheduled to be commissioned in fiscal 2018.
Cadet Command annually rank-orders its ROTC seniors, with the top 20 percent earning the designation of Distinguished Military Graduate. This year there were 1,102 DMGs out of the 5,536 seniors on the order-of-merit list.
The order-of-merit list is compiled based on several criteria, including grade point average, strong performance on the Army Physical Fitness Test, college athletic participation, and performance during college ROTC training and Advanced Camp at Fort Knox, Kentucky.
The top-ranking Army ROTC cadets for fiscal 2018 are:
1. Michael Orgeron, Louisiana State University
2. Andrew Gomez, University of North Georgia
3. Shane Neal, Michigan State University
4. Joseph Schroer, University of Kansas
5. Bryton Wenzel, University of North Georgia
6. Joseph McConnell, University of Kansas
7. Robert Wiegand, The Citadel
8. Benjamin Nelson, University of North Dakota
9. Ellis Johnson, Dickinson College
10. Cormac O'Halloran, Washington University