Honorable Jo-Ellen Darcy (August 2009 - January 2017)
By U.S. ArmyOctober 30, 2017
Ms. Jo-Ellen Darcy was the ASA(CW) from August 2009 through January 2017. At the time of her departure, Ms. Darcy was the longest serving ASA(CW) on record. Prior to her appointment, Jo-Ellen Darcy was the Senior Environmental Advisor to the Senate Finance Committee, responsible for environment, conservation and energy issues. Previously, she was Senior Policy Advisor to the Senate Environment and Public Works (EPW) Committee, concentrating on water resource and conservation issues involving the Army Corps of Engineers and the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service, as well as nominations for presidentially-appointed positions. At the start of the 107th Congress, she was the Deputy Staff Director for the EPW Committee. From 1993 through 2000, she served as a professional staff member on the EPW Committee, working on a variety of issues, including the Safe Drinking Water Act, Army Corps of Engineers programs, FEMA, Everglades restoration and the Clean Water Act.Before joining the EPW Committee, Jo-Ellen was legislative representative for the Investment Company Institute, the trade association representing the mutual fund industry. She worked on water resources and transportation issues for Governor Jim Blanchard of Michigan in both Lansing and Washington, D.C. Previously, she worked for the Subcommittee on Economic Stabilization of the House Banking Committee and was an elementary school teacher.She hails from Fitchburg, Massachusetts, and has a B.A. in philosophy and sociology from Boston College and a M.S. in resource development from Michigan State University.
- March 10, 2020Soldier-centered approach helping lead ground modernization efforts
- March 5, 20202020 Posture Statement House Armed Services Committee
- March 4, 2020Diversity and Inclusion -- the link to JMC's Strategic Success!
- March 3, 2020Secretary of the Army HASC Oral Posture Statement
- February 10, 2020DOD vows to help Exceptional Family Member Program
- December 11, 2019Congressional staff members visit 403rd AFSB in South Korea
- December 10, 2019Service personnel chiefs discuss diversity in the military
- December 5, 2019SecArmy focuses on housing concerns
- November 15, 2019Military Medical Reform is an Opportunity to Make Trauma Care Better
- November 13, 2019NY National Guard, South Africa hold annual defense meeting
- November 12, 2019Advising on defense health
- November 6, 2019AvMC quality assurance specialists honored as best of the best in defense acquisition
- October 30, 2019Tulsa District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month
- October 23, 2019Vicenza students take on 'Mission to Mars'
- October 17, 2019ULDP program further develops U.S. Army Corps of Engineers leaders
- October 16, 2019Chicago's 2019 Columbus Day Parade honors U.S. Army Reserve general officer