Desert Field of Dreams!
By SFC Charles HighlandSeptember 18, 2017
CAMP ARIFJAN, KUWAIT -- America's past time is all about teamwork and skill. Soldiers brave the heat of the desert to continue that past time. U.S. Army Garrison - Kuwait gives that taste of home to U.S. and Coalition troops with a new softball field in zone 1. Colonel Steven Berger, Commander, Area Support Group Kuwait cut the ribbon on the new ball diamond.
Col. Berger said, "The field provides valuable recreational experiences for the soldiers. Right now we have increased our teams from the 12 we had last year to 26 this year. "
The new field features an AstroTurf infield and outfield plus a 252 ft. home run fence. The Director of Public Works assisted in getting the project done for the community.
"It's a great opportunity for soldiers to do exactly what they would do back home," said Berger. "Plus it provides units esprit de corps."
The field will host softball games three nights a week featuring units from all over the area.
- May 22, 2020SMA expects ACFT to continue as planned in COVID-19 environment
- May 22, 2020MWR highlights Phase 1 open establishments
- May 20, 2020Rocket fuel test finds Dugway ideal
- May 15, 2020Warrior medics deploy to CENTCOM region
- May 13, 2020Top 30th Armored Brigade Combat Team maintenance Soldiers recognized
- May 8, 2020Old contracting tool leads to new successes in Kuwait
- May 8, 2020115th Field Hospital deploys in support of TF Evacuare
- May 7, 2020Bulldog Brigade: from the field to the classroom amidst pandemic
- May 5, 2020Oklahoma Guard has virtual send-off before deploying
- May 4, 2020Study shows how microorganisms survive in harsh environments
- May 1, 2020ATC Engineer recognized as top in his field by NDIA
- May 1, 2020Deployed Guard Soldiers mark Dachau liberation with WWII vets
- April 25, 2020RWBAHC lab tests for COVID-19 in-house
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Armored Division, unit rotation