Desert Field of Dreams!
By SFC Charles HighlandSeptember 18, 2017
CAMP ARIFJAN, KUWAIT -- America's past time is all about teamwork and skill. Soldiers brave the heat of the desert to continue that past time. U.S. Army Garrison - Kuwait gives that taste of home to U.S. and Coalition troops with a new softball field in zone 1. Colonel Steven Berger, Commander, Area Support Group Kuwait cut the ribbon on the new ball diamond.
Col. Berger said, "The field provides valuable recreational experiences for the soldiers. Right now we have increased our teams from the 12 we had last year to 26 this year. "
The new field features an AstroTurf infield and outfield plus a 252 ft. home run fence. The Director of Public Works assisted in getting the project done for the community.
"It's a great opportunity for soldiers to do exactly what they would do back home," said Berger. "Plus it provides units esprit de corps."
The field will host softball games three nights a week featuring units from all over the area.
- August 13, 2020The Gulf War turns 30
- August 13, 20202-4th Field Artillery rallies to win Camp Casey softball title
- August 13, 2020The 42nd Infantry Division and 103 Years of Service
- August 12, 2020Women’s Equality Day: BAMC doctor hopes to ‘level the playing field’ for women
- August 11, 2020Kansas takes on fitness culture, prepares for Oct. 1
- August 10, 2020Army gets closer to fielding new air defense systems
- August 6, 2020Field artillery branch welcomes new command team
- August 5, 2020Spartan Doctors Continue to Fight Against COVID-19
- August 5, 2020MP’s Deployed to KSA Certify to Enforce the Law
- August 4, 2020121st Field Hospital Demonstrates Its Agility and Capability to ROK Counterparts
- August 3, 2020Gulf War veteran reflects on pivotal war that changed Army, the nation
- July 31, 2020Violent, loud and decisive: A Gulf War veteran recalls his time in the desert, 30 years later
- July 21, 2020Monsoon season is here