ECC welcomes new command sergeant major
By LTC David HyltonAugust 11, 2017
REDSTONE ARSENAL, Ala. -- The U.S. Army Expeditionary Contracting Command welcomed its new command sergeant major during an assumption of responsibility ceremony here Aug. 11.Command Sgt. Maj. Gerald A. Wright became ECC's fourth command sergeant major in a ceremony officiated by Brig. Gen. Paul Pardew, ECC commanding general. Wright is the first contracting NCO, military occupational specialty code 51C, to hold a nominative command sergeant major position."It is my honor to present the very first 51C nominative command sergeant major, Command Sgt. Maj. Gerald Wright," said Pardew. "I am sure he will passionately attack this role in setting the standards for the future success of the contracting NCO corps."Pardew welcomed Wright to his new assignment."CSM Wright, your reputation precedes you. You have just been handed a very awesome responsibility and demanding job and I look forward to working with you."Wright thanked Pardew for his trust and accepted the responsibility for the Soldiers of ECC."It takes all of us to provide the output to ensure that the Army mission is accomplished," Wright said. "I will give 110 percent every day to assist in the execution of the Army mission.""I will work hard to improve our career field, map our training, and continue to professionalize our NCO corps to fight and win our Nation's wars now in the future."Wright most recently served as the brigade command sergeant major for the 413th Contracting Support Brigade, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. He also served as the brigade command sergeant major for the 408th CSB in Kuwait and Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina.Wright has deployed to multiple locations including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, and Bosnia-Herzegovina.ECC is a subordinate command of the U.S. Army Contracting Command. ECC's mission is to plan and execute effective and agile contracting support for U.S. Army service component commanders in support of Army and joint operations worldwide. ECC also provides contracting support for overseas installation operations.
- June 2, 2020919th CBN Soldiers forge successes during Afghanistan deployment
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020419th CSB cases colors for deployment
- May 26, 2020925th CBN assumes regional contracting center command
- May 21, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- May 19, 2020904th CBN conducts virtual validation exercise
- May 18, 2020Benning, Lee partnership provides Soldier readiness support
- May 14, 2020Army Contracting Command names Fort Riley Soldier best warrior
- May 12, 2020Contract approach to Fort Meade base operations boosts competition
- May 11, 2020Holston Expands Environmental Efforts
- May 8, 2020Old contracting tool leads to new successes in Kuwait