1-43 Air Defense Prepares to Return to the Lone Star state
By Sgt. Kelly Gary, 29th Infantry Division Public AffairsJune 22, 2017
SOUTHWEST ASIA -- The 1st Battalion, 43rd Air Defense Artillery transferred authority to its regimental sister 2nd Battalion in a ceremony here on May 12, 2017. During the ceremony, the outgoing command team, Lt. Col. Henry Bennet and Command Sgt. Maj. Alan Jonason, cased the First's colors as the incoming command team uncased the Second's.
Bennet was the first to address his Soldiers and guests. Bennet is proud of his troops and the quality of work and training they accomplished during the past year."We have accomplished numerous things throughout our deployment here in theater, most notably our maintenance rate," said Bennet, referencing the high percentage of operational readiness which his battalion achieved.Bennet explained that the summer heat in the region poses a lot of challenges to maintaining the Patriot missile systems, but his Soldiers made a heroic effort to keep the missile launchers and accompanying generators mission capable. Bennet said he is confident that his troops and systems were ready to complete any mission that they could have encountered any point in time. He expressed confidence that Second Battalion's Soldiers would maintain the regiment's high standards after First Battalion departed."The "Warrior" battalion following us is just as well trained and ready," said Bennet. "We know if called upon they will be able to execute any mission."As for his battalion, Bennet expressed satisfaction in a job well done and in the knowledge that he and his troops could go home confident that they executed their role in deterring enemy aggression successfully. There were also the comforts of home to consider.
"It is a great Army day," said Bennet. "We are excited to get back to our loved ones and the more bearable Texas heat."
- April 7, 20201/2CR’s Dakota Troop hosts their virtual change of command ceremony
- April 6, 2020Ceremonies go virtual in time of COVID-19
- April 3, 2020Tropic Lightning Division’s Lightning Academy Changes Command
- April 2, 2020Promotion cause for celebration at Camp Zama
- March 31, 2020Two Fort Polk female Soldiers earn their badges
- March 31, 2020COOKING UP A DREAM -- Chef’s career path leads him from high society in San Francisco to serving America’s finest at Home of Army Aviation
- March 27, 2020Fort Knox welcomes new Garrison command sergeant major during livestreamed ceremony
- March 23, 2020I Corps retirement ceremony (March 2020)
- March 23, 2020Army to test new tech program at select schools
- March 21, 2020Command Sgt. Maj. Thomas C. Kenny
- March 20, 2020Mississippi River Commission high-water inspection trip and public hearings canceled
- March 18, 2020High energy laser engineers engage with West Point cadets
- March 17, 2020Quarterly retirement ceremony honors departing RIA personnel
- March 16, 2020Retired general receives Presidential Medal of Freedom
- March 11, 2020Thousands of high schoolers treated to a 'basic' Army experience
- March 11, 2020High school students tour Hunter Army Airfield