Department of the Army announces 82nd Airborne Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsApril 27, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2017 deployment of approximately 1,500 Soldiers from the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to Afghanistan, in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"Since spearheading allied assaults in Sicily and Anzio in 1943, the Devil Brigade has accomplished its missions through disciplined initiative," said Col. Toby Magsig, commander of 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division. "The same endures today. The 'Devils in Baggy Pants' are well-trained, well-equipped, and ready to assist our Afghan partners as part of the Resolute Support mission."
For more information contact the 82nd Airborne Division public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Joe Buccino at email@example.com, or by phone at 910-432-6189.
- September 16, 2019Army Accepts 300th Apache AH-64E Guardian
- September 16, 2019SMDC establishes first command chief warrant officer
- September 12, 2019Royal Thai Army first to receive Strykers
- September 12, 2019Sky is the limit for one of the first female Apache pilots
- September 12, 2019XVIII Airborne Celebrates 75 years with Morning PT
- September 12, 2019"Fill Day": First time meeting your drill sergeant
- September 12, 2019Yuma Proving Ground boasts elite aerial delivery developmental test facilities
- September 12, 2019Suicide Prevention Remains Key at 1st TSC
- September 12, 2019Hainerberg neighborhood center first to open
- September 12, 20191st Special Forces Group (Airborne) Soldier dies from wounds sustained in combat
- September 12, 2019First responders dive deep during rescue training ahead of hurricanes
- September 12, 2019West Point football games used to recruit eligible Soldiers for prior-service program
- September 12, 2019Army announces upcoming 2nd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division unit rotation