Department of the Army announces 82nd Airborne Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsApril 27, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2017 deployment of approximately 1,500 Soldiers from the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to Afghanistan, in support of Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
"Since spearheading allied assaults in Sicily and Anzio in 1943, the Devil Brigade has accomplished its missions through disciplined initiative," said Col. Toby Magsig, commander of 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division. "The same endures today. The 'Devils in Baggy Pants' are well-trained, well-equipped, and ready to assist our Afghan partners as part of the Resolute Support mission."
For more information contact the 82nd Airborne Division public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Joe Buccino at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 910-432-6189.
- February 28, 2020Col. Almquist receives Order of St. Barbara
- February 28, 2020Spotlight on the 1st TSC Surgeon Cell: This is my Squad
- February 27, 2020Army recognizes excellence in environmental programs
- February 26, 2020Army astronaut swears in recruits in first-ever ceremony from space
- February 26, 2020AMC Hall of Fame induction highlights career of 'firsts'
- February 26, 2020'Machine Gun University' keeps Soldiers ready for real-world missions
- February 21, 2020Joint airborne operation enhances interagency state capabilities
- February 21, 2020Louisiana National Guard Soldier starts career with elite Army training
- February 20, 2020Elements of the IRF Brigade Redeploy
- February 19, 2020Spotlight on 1st TSC Engineer-CW3 Florentino
- February 14, 2020Command Sgt. Major leads from the front, earns airborne wings
- February 12, 2020Col. Mark A. Holler