Department of the Army announces 1st Infantry Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsApril 27, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2017 deployment of approximately 4,000 Soldiers from the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas, to Europe, in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division.
"The Dagger Brigade is looking forward to deploying back to Europe," said Col. David Gardner, commander of 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division. "The brigade has served most of its 100-year history in support of our European allies and will arrive after a year of training ready to do so again."
For more information contact the 1st Infantry Division deputy public affairs officer, Maj. Bonnie Conard at email@example.com, or by phone at 785-240-1796.
- July 13, 2018USACE LRD Commander pins second star
- July 11, 2018ACC commander receives second star
- July 10, 2018Bayonet Focus 18-02 - Building Readiness
- July 10, 2018Fort McCoy CIF, 86th Training Division partner to improve armor issuing process for CSTX
- July 6, 20183-8 CAV Tests Readiness
- July 6, 2018215th Tests new base defense tactics
- July 6, 2018Teams compete for Ultimate Lethal Warrior title
- July 6, 2018Families 'Walk to Afghanistan'
- July 2, 2018Thirteen-gun salute honors outgoing First Army Division East Commanding General
- July 2, 2018First combat training capability enhances associated units pilot, joint relationships
- June 28, 2018Army electronic warfare prototypes reach first CONUS brigade
- June 28, 2018Aerial and ground medical training improves combat readiness
- June 28, 2018First-Ever 2ID/RUCD Battle Staff Course
- June 27, 20183rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division goes to the National Training Center
- June 27, 20181st Lt. Mourns Soldier
- June 25, 2018Happy accident leads to career for 1st Infantry Division band commander