Department of the Army announces 1st Infantry Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsApril 27, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2017 deployment of approximately 4,000 Soldiers from the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas, to Europe, in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division.
"The Dagger Brigade is looking forward to deploying back to Europe," said Col. David Gardner, commander of 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division. "The brigade has served most of its 100-year history in support of our European allies and will arrive after a year of training ready to do so again."
For more information contact the 1st Infantry Division deputy public affairs officer, Maj. Bonnie Conard at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 785-240-1796.
- March 12, 20191-1 CAV Vietnam Veterans connect with current Iron Soldiers during Fort Bliss visit
- March 12, 2019Soldiers learn cutting-edge features on first shipment of JLTVs
- March 11, 20191-37 AR Iron Soldiers conduct platoon live fire exercises
- March 11, 20192nd Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment commemorates a successful deployment
- March 11, 20193rd Infantry Division Soldiers sign for first Joint Light Tactical Vehicles (JLTVs)
- March 7, 2019Diehard engineers have a blast building confidence with explosives
- March 5, 2019Fighting First Soldiers celebrate 20 years of NATO with Polish
- March 4, 2019'Dagger' brigade Soldiers perfect surface-to-air defense skills
- February 27, 2019Devil brigade Soldiers attend Polish public oath ceremony
- February 22, 2019American and Polish soldiers strengthen ties through futsal
- February 21, 2019"Thunder Run" hero receives the nation's second highest award for valor
- February 13, 2019Army modernizing electronic warfare capabilities