Department of the Army announces 1st Infantry Division deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsApril 27, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the fall 2017 deployment of approximately 4,000 Soldiers from the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas, to Europe, in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve.
As part of the regular rotation of forces, the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team will replace the 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division.
"The Dagger Brigade is looking forward to deploying back to Europe," said Col. David Gardner, commander of 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division. "The brigade has served most of its 100-year history in support of our European allies and will arrive after a year of training ready to do so again."
For more information contact the 1st Infantry Division deputy public affairs officer, Maj. Bonnie Conard at email@example.com, or by phone at 785-240-1796.
- May 12, 20181st SFAB trains Afghan medical soldiers
- May 7, 20182nd ABCT, 3rd ID, wins Sullivan Cup tank competition at Fort Benning
- May 4, 2018'Big Red One' Soldiers take second place during 2018 Lieutenant General Robert B. Flowers Best Sappe
- May 3, 2018Col. Peeples talks to civilian workforce at 2018 second quarter awards
- May 3, 2018Armored Division Soldiers train on engine, vehicle repair
- May 2, 2018Spartans compete at Soldier of the Year
- May 2, 2018703rd Maintainers Conduct BSA Live-Fire
- May 2, 2018703rd Conducts Claymore Live-Fire
- May 2, 2018703rd Maintainers Conduct BSA Live-fire
- April 30, 2018Dagger Company conducts Expeditionary Advising Mission
- April 25, 2018Newest ABCT plans to release "Hounds of Hell" at Sullivan Cup
- April 25, 2018Germans show support during largest tactical convoy on German roads
- April 23, 20181st ABCT Soldiers experience new approach to SHARP training
- April 17, 2018174th Infantry Brigade Soldiers Place 1st and 2nd in NJ Bodybuilding Competition
- April 3, 2018Spartans Armor Up