Camp Mujuk: MCIPAC strategic platform
By Cpl. Jessica CollinsApril 5, 2017
Standing as the lone Marine Corps installation in Korea, Camp Mujuk's strategic position provides Marine Forces Pacific with a forward-based platform for training, readiness and force projection.
"Our primary function is to provide facilities for training units who travel here to train with the Republic of Korea military and support theater-wide exercises," said Maj. Benjamin Ausbrooks, the commanding officer of Camp Mujuk. "If Marines are coming into or out of Korea, this is where they do it."
The base sits just outside of Pohang, near the eastern shoreline. Camp Mujuk's close proximity to the ROK Marine Corps training grounds enables it to effectively fulfill its function.
"We work closely with the ROK Marines to get our units on to their ranges," said Ausbrooks. "We utilize their live-fire ranges, military operations in urban terrain facilities, and much more. Due to our close working relationship with the ROK military, we have everything our Marines need for training."
With a small permanent staff stationed aboard Camp Mujuk, Marines must be flexible.
"Our marines are quite often tasked to do things far outside of their jobs to help support the functions of the camp," said Ausbrooks. "Because of the limited personnel, we have a very close relationship with the Korean-nationals who work with us. We couldn't complete our mission without them."
Camp Mujuk plays a pivotal role in MCIPAC's mission to provide the Marine Corps with a forward-based platform for vital training, troop readiness and force projection while also fostering critical partnerships in the Indo-Asian-Pacific region.
- September 8, 2020Soldiers drill medical logistics procedures, readiness in event of conflict in Korea
- September 8, 2020Joint promotion ceremony special for Washington Guard family
- September 8, 2020Army 3Rs Explosives Safety Program
- September 1, 2020World War II vet recalls service, outprocessing through Camp McCoy
- August 30, 2020Eighth Army Soldiers compete in USARPAC Best Warrior Competition
- August 28, 2020Camp Zama gyms, patrons work together to maintain safety under COVID-19
- August 27, 2020Cal Guard Soldiers receive CAL FIRE training at Camp Roberts
- August 27, 2020Fitness camps get Fort Leavenworth youngsters outdoors
- August 27, 2020Exercise tests 95th Medical Detachment’s readiness, builds emergency blood donor pool
- August 27, 2020Trust allows Camp Zama veterinary team to accomplish mission under COVID-19
- August 24, 2020Virtual summer camp brings STEM fun to students at home
- August 13, 20202-4th Field Artillery rallies to win Camp Casey softball title