U.S. Army Ansbach Firefighters support request for emergency evacuation assistance
By Cornelia Summers, USAG Ansbach Public AffairsJanuary 13, 2017
ANSBACH, Germany (Jan, 12, 2017) -- Two firefighters from the U.S. Army Fire Department in Katterbach responded to an urgent request by the Ansbach City Fire Department and the Bavarian Red Cross, to help evacuate a local citizen on New Year's Day.The U.S. Army's Aerial Ladder Truck was needed to move a local Ansbach citizen, who was in serious condition, from the fourth floor of an apartment building.After firefighters hoisted the patient to the ground the patient was transported by ambulance to a waiting rescue helicopter for evacuation to a local hospital."I am extremely proud of the quick response of our firefighters and their great teamwork with local partners. It definitely shows their strong professional relationship with local counterparts. And, it certainly highlights the importance of mutual cooperation and the need to train for emergencies," said U.S. Army Garrison Commander, Col. Benjamin C. Jones.
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- August 3, 2020Jackalope 6 reliquishes HHC command
- July 30, 2020Fort Campbell firefighters develop green thumb, grow station garden
- July 30, 2020Medics receive hands-on training during medevac operations
- July 28, 2020Army units learn wildland firefighting on JBLM
- July 27, 2020Texas National Guard Soldier gives back to her community
- July 24, 2020Fort Leonard Wood firefighters train for the worst to be the best
- July 21, 2020Fort Knox Fire Department assists in extinguishing fire from 31W gas tanker crash
- July 20, 2020USAG Ansbach oversees largest railhead movement in 10 years
- July 16, 2020Final Field Feeding Company in Army Activates, Hydra Platoon stands up in Ansbach
- July 10, 2020Was ist los in Franken? Golf courses and miniature golf
- July 10, 2020New commander arrives to ‘We Attack’ battalion
- July 8, 2020USAG Ansbach welcomes new commander