1AD Black Hawks train with SOF in Hungary
By Capt. Jaymon Bell (12th Combat Aviation Brigade)October 4, 2016
VESZPREM, Hungary -- Four UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters from 1st Armored Division, Combat Aviation Brigade participated in exercise Black Swan 16, here, Sept. 5-30.Black Swan 16 is a multi-national special operations training exercise involving Soldiers from Slovakia, Croatia, Hungary, Poland and the United States.Task Force Apocalypse conducted numerous air assault missions with the special operations units. They also provided pilots to act as liaison officers and insert themselves into the mission planning process."We were used in every capacity here," said Chief Warrant Officer 3 Peter Klein, a 153M UH-60 Black Hawk pilot with Charlie Company, 3rd Bn., 501st Avn. Regt..The task force also participated in Safety Fuel 16 at Papa Air Base. The focus of Safety Fuel 2016 was to build logistical capacity for Hungarian Forces.Croatian and Hungarian Soldiers established a logistical support area capable of medical triage, vehicle maintenance and rotary wing fuel operations.Croatian Soldiers safely fueled one UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter and one Hungarian MI-17 while crash recovery crews and emergency personnel responded to a simulated precautionary landing.The rotational task force from 1st Armored Division, Combat Aviation Brigade is consistent with the Army's Regionally Allocated Forces concept, aligning units to support theater requirements. Regional alignment is also synchronized with the Army's new operational concept of winning in a complex world.---The 12th Combat Aviation Brigade trains and conducts aviation support across the full spectrum of unified land operations for United States Army Europe, European Command, NATO, and in support of CENTCOM, AFRICOM and other contingency locations around the globe.
- September 17, 202028th ECAB hurdles challenges, completes training
- September 15, 2020Wisconsin National Guard Black Hawk aircrews hold training at Fort McCoy
- September 14, 2020Wyoming National Guard to help fight California wildfires
- September 14, 2020Wisconsin National Guard helps battle California wildfires
- September 10, 2020599th Trans. Bde., partners upload 25th ID for JRTC
- September 9, 2020CH 53K tests its power at U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground
- September 8, 2020New policy addresses 3D parts for Army aircraft
- September 2, 2020Standard Operating Procedures: This is the way we’ve always done it.
- September 1, 2020Flight school, diversity focus of Army Aviation cadet mentorship events
- August 31, 2020U.S. Army Aviation Museum features XH-40, 'helicopter that changed world'
- August 28, 2020Idaho National Guard assists California with wildfires
- August 28, 2020U.S. Army Reserve aviation brigade adapts to COVID-19 challenges by conducting local command post exercise
- August 27, 2020Utah National Guard Black Hawks help fight California fires