Northern Warfare Training Center
By U.S. ArmyNovember 13, 2018
NWTC Mission Statement:
NWTC provides Cold Weather and Mountain Warfare training to US military and designated personnel in order to enhance war-fighting capabilities of US and coalition partners. On order, assists in rescue and recovery operations in the worldwide.
Conduct outreach missions that incorporate mountain and cold regions operations in support of the US INDO-PACOM Theater Security Cooperation Plan.
Conducts missions in support of a memorandum of agreement between U.S. Department of Interior and USARAK for high altitude rescue vicinity Denali National Park in Alaska
Office: (907) 353-1178
- March 4, 2019Cold-weather cousins: Soldiers with same name become training partners at Fort McCoy
- March 1, 2019Photo Essay: Cold-Weather Operations Course students learn knot-tying skills at Fort McCoy
- February 28, 2019Town hall dusts off housing concerns, illuminates work order, QC process
- February 28, 201910th Mountain Division Soldiers finding resourceful ways to tackle ACFT training
- February 21, 2019West Virginia Army Guard performs aerial rescue mission
- February 20, 2019The Order of the Spur: 2nd Squadron
- February 19, 2019Cold-Weather Operations Course Class 19-03 finishes training; 31 students graduate
- February 19, 2019Rescue training: Fort McCoy firefighters learn, practice diving under ice
- February 14, 2019Colorado National Guard Soldiers to hone mountain skills at Vail
- February 14, 201910th Mountain Division Soldiers impact the CJOA-A through cross-training
- February 13, 2019Army modernizing electronic warfare capabilities
- February 8, 2019Cold-Weather Operations Course students appreciate 'learning by doing'
- February 7, 2019Army National Guard Soldiers learn arctic survival from northern neighbors