West Point Gold Star Families help kick-off Army Week 2016
By Dr. Joseph Gall (Director, West Point ACS)June 16, 2016
HOBOKEN, N.J. - Carlo's Bakery, home of the Cake Boss, Buddy Valastro, specializing in baking up sweet treats and custom cakes invited the United States Military Academy at West Point Gold Star Families to create honor and remember cakes in tribute to their fallen loved ones on June 6.
Army Week 2016 kicked off by inviting 25 Gold Star Family members to decorate individualized cakes. Held at the Buddy Valastro Carlo's Bakery, where the Cake Boss television show is recorded, families gathered to explore their icing and fondant skills.
Each family member was given a blank cake with the goal to create a finished cake to honor the memory of their lost soldier. The families each individually placed it on the cake decorations and designs forming a Memorial Cake overflowing with love, honor, and respect. Once completed and photographed, they cut the cakes and ate it together. What a fantastic evening and the perfect way to kick off Army Week 2016!
- February 15, 2019OPINION: Surveys point to cause of military morale issues
- February 15, 2019West Point honors Henry O. Flipper, awards McDonough with Flipper Award
- February 12, 2019Cobra Gold 19: Opening Ceremony
- February 11, 2019CRDAMC celebrates the Army Nurse Corps 118th anniversary
- February 8, 2019West Virginia National Guard hosts seminar on State Partnership Qatar
- February 8, 2019Cobra Gold 19: US Army Reservist builds friendships at Thai school
- February 7, 2019Lt. Henry O. Flipper helped survey West with frontier Army
- February 7, 2019Army Cyber Institute welcomes reserve Soldiers
- February 4, 2019Replica of Congressional Gold Medal presented to Borinqueneer in Aibonito, PR
- January 31, 2019Why the Hype?
- January 31, 2019Class of 2020 celebrates 500 nights until graduation
- January 31, 2019Ring Melt held at West Point for first time, 55 rings donated
- January 28, 2019Army's "Green to Gold" Program Gives USAMRIID Officer a Chance to Shine
- January 25, 2019West Point SAMC welcomes newest members