Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas drive for 2009 set to kick off
By U.S. Army Europe Public AffairsJune 7, 2016
HEIDELBERG, Germany -- This year's Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas program kicks
off October 5 and continues through December 4.
According to campaign
officials, CFC is the only
authorized solicitation of
federal employees in their
workplaces, and offers
employees the opportunity to
donate to thousands of
charitable organizations. The
program dates to the 1960s and
efforts to consolidate
charitable solicitations and
give donors a means of
donating by payroll deduction.
The CFC-Overseas program
raised more than $15.8 million
during its 2008 campaign.
Contributors can fill out a pledge card with a representative who serves as the CFC "keyperson"
for their unit or organization, complete a pledge card online, or donate online by credit card.
An "online pledge assistant" is available on the CFC-O Web site to help donors find charities by
name or type and guide contributors through the process of filling out a pledge card online. Other
areas of the site offer guidelines to help donors make informed decisions about their
The pledge assistant is not an online contribution, but generates a pledge form that must be
printed and given to the keyperson for the donor's organization. The CFC-O Web site offers
contacts to help contributors identify their keypersons if necessary.
Credit card donations are online donations. The contributor goes through the same pledge
assistant process to select a charity, opts to make a one-time or monthly recurring donation, then
completes the transaction immediately by entering valid credit card information.
When making donations, contributors can designate that their pledges go to support specific
charities. Overseas donors can also contribute to one special program -- the Family Support and
Youth Programs initiative.
- July 9, 2020Blood donor restrictions relax, thousands now eligible to save lives
- June 29, 2020Idaho Guard members earn Red Card to fight wildland fires
- June 24, 2020Swearing-in ceremony draws attention to ‘Virtual National Hiring Days’ campaign
- June 24, 2020Taking BLC online; Course Manager leads the way
- June 23, 2020CGSOC ceremonies presented online
- June 19, 2020Coming soon: online tool for USASMDC industry partners
- June 16, 2020Garrison launches new online appointment system
- June 15, 2020Eighth Army G1 officer named CFC-Overseas ‘hero’
- June 11, 2020FORSCOM celebrates Army's 245 years of service to the Nation
- June 10, 2020Special CFC solicitation aims to help COVID-19 relief efforts
- June 9, 2020DoDEA Launches Online Summer Learning Resources
- June 9, 2020‘Digital twins’ to enable 3D printing on battlefield
- June 5, 2020Exceptional Family Member Program parents have new online tool
- May 29, 2020DoDEA schools move online
- May 21, 2020Information Disruption Industry will impact the future Operational Environment