Guam Guard to Promote 1st Female Sergeant Major
By Saipan TribuneFebruary 4, 2009
GUAM-The Guam Army National Guard will promote First Sergeant Irene M. Fejeran to the rank of Sergeant Major, the highest enlisted rank in the U.S. Army. Fejeran will be the first female in the Guam Army National Guard to attain the rank. She will be promoted in a ceremony to be held at Ypao Beach Park on January 23, 2009, at noon.
Fejeran will be the first female promoted to the rank of Sergeant Major in the Guam Army National Guard, an organization that began on Liberation Day, July 21, 1981.
Fejeran, a 29-year career Soldier, joined the Guam Army National Guard in December 1983, after being honorably discharged from the active duty Army. She is the mother of three grown children and grandmother of five. She currently resides in the village of Dededo.
- March 18, 2019From homeless to national champ: Army athlete rises to top of USA boxing
- March 12, 2019Leading with Compassion
- March 5, 2019Reserve and Guard Compete for Best Warrior Title
- March 5, 2019Fort Rucker Sergeant Audie Murphy Association inducts 3 NCOs
- March 4, 2019Cold-weather cousins: Soldiers with same name become training partners at Fort McCoy
- February 27, 2019Hard work pays off for Iron Soldier earning a direct commission
- February 26, 2019USACRC bids farewell to command sergeant major
- February 25, 2019Air Defense Soldier inducted into Sergeant Audie Murphy Club
- February 22, 2019USACE Omaha volunteer helps promote STEM through robotic competition
- February 21, 2019IMCOM-Europe welcomes new command sergeant major
- February 14, 2019E-3 ADA (THAAD) and Task Force Talon partner with University of Guam Army ROTC
- February 14, 2019Fort Sill mascots promoted (for now)
- February 8, 2019Col. McCallum Promotion
- February 6, 2019CSM Lee rises from platform to USASMA director