Guam Guard to Promote 1st Female Sergeant Major
By Saipan TribuneFebruary 4, 2009
GUAM-The Guam Army National Guard will promote First Sergeant Irene M. Fejeran to the rank of Sergeant Major, the highest enlisted rank in the U.S. Army. Fejeran will be the first female in the Guam Army National Guard to attain the rank. She will be promoted in a ceremony to be held at Ypao Beach Park on January 23, 2009, at noon.
Fejeran will be the first female promoted to the rank of Sergeant Major in the Guam Army National Guard, an organization that began on Liberation Day, July 21, 1981.
Fejeran, a 29-year career Soldier, joined the Guam Army National Guard in December 1983, after being honorably discharged from the active duty Army. She is the mother of three grown children and grandmother of five. She currently resides in the village of Dededo.
- June 22, 2018South Carolina National Guard conducts new instructor course
- June 22, 2018Pennsylvania National Guard leadership visit Lithuania, marks 25th anniversary of partnership
- June 22, 2018Illinois National Guard lead Texas National Guard in Civil Operations Program training
- June 21, 2018New York Army Guard Soldiers mentor and learn from Ukrainian counterparts
- June 20, 2018Kentucky Guard maintenance team visits Ecuadorian military
- June 19, 2018Indiana National Guard Soldiers will lead Pacific Pathways
- June 19, 2018National Guard provides unimagined opportunities during Platinum Wolf 18
- June 19, 2018New Hampshire Army Guard, Salvadoran army train together on water rescues
- June 18, 2018Kansas Guard provides humanitarian support during Golden Coyote
- June 18, 2018Kentucky Guard Chaplains and Djibouti religious leaders strengthen their partnership
- June 18, 2018National Guard, Army Reserve combat engineers clear obstacles, build interoperability
- June 18, 2018Oregon Army National Guard Chinook helicopter unit prepares for homeland missions
- June 15, 2018Idaho National Guard snipers get in and out, unseen
- June 15, 2018S.D. Guard engineers expand access in Wind Cave National Park
- June 14, 2018One time Fort Knox Commander, Maj.Gen. Hugh Gaffey, highest ranked Soldier in Post Cemetery
- June 13, 2018Nationally ranked Fort Knox runner hoping for spot at 2018 Junior Olympics