Army Directive 2016-09: Maternity Leave Policy
By Acting Army Secretary Patrick MurphyMarch 4, 2016
WASHINGTON (March 4, 2016) -- The Army Directive 2016-09 regarding the Army's new maternity leave policy, was signed by Acting Army Secretary Patrick Murphy, March 1, 2016, is in line with a DOD-wide policy announced, Jan. 28, by Defense Secretary Ash Carter.
The policy grants eligible regular Army or Reserve component Soldiers 12 continuous weeks of non-chargeable maternity leave following a birth event. The 12-week leave period starts immediately after a birth or the mother's release from the hospital, whichever is later.
- August 11, 2017Civilian wins Dellamonica award for outstanding AMC personnel
- August 10, 2017Landstuhl SATCOM facility receives DISA Europe award
- August 9, 2017I Corps holds Honors Ceremony
- August 9, 2017Army Reserve maintenance shop wins 'Best of the Best'
- August 7, 2017Maj. Jason Nagel: TRADOC 2016 Instructor of the Year Army Reserve Winner
- August 7, 2017Watervliet Arsenal bucks national trend of manufacturers by having robust applicant interest
- August 4, 2017ACC civilian recognized for contributions in Kuwait
- August 2, 2017Lifeliners host 'Not In My Sqaud' week
- July 27, 2017UA use on Fort Leonard Wood: Do you know the regulation?
- July 27, 2017Army wins big in cost savings through Value Engineering program
- July 25, 2017Army Warrant Officer receives prestigious Soldier's Medal for saving civilian from burning car
- July 23, 2017USAG Japan says farewell to one commander, welcomes another
- July 21, 2017Incoming commander takes reins of garrison
- July 20, 2017Lone star ticks can leave lasting effects with bite
- July 14, 2017Lemon Lot offers deals on wheels, boats, more
- July 14, 2017The USAG Benelux ACS program: a model to follow