Big Windy conducts whiteout environmental training
By Capt. Jaymon BellJanuary 26, 2016
ANSBACH, Germany (Jan. 20, 2016) -- A CH-47 Chinook Helicopter from Hotel Company, 1st Battalion, 214th Aviation Regiment, 12th Combat Aviation Brigade, "Big Windy," conducted environmental qualifications and sling-load training at Katterbach Army Airfield, here, Jan. 20. Aircrews practice flying in conditions of low visibility caused by "whiteout" in areas with loose snow. Crews lower risk for future missions by conducting multiple training iterations in the snowy environment. The aircraft practice performing all of their tactical missions in the "whiteout" conditions, including sling-load operations.The 12th CAB trains and conducts aviation operations throughout the range of military operation in support of U.S. Army Europe, U.S. European Command, NATO, and in support of U.S. Central Command and U.S. African Command and other contingency locations around the globe.
- September 17, 2020Fort Leavenworth first-responders conduct 9/11 remembrance ceremony
- September 17, 202028th ECAB hurdles challenges, completes training
- September 15, 20201st SFG (A) Soldiers conduct night-fire training
- September 15, 20201st SFG (A) Soldiers conduct high mobility training
- September 15, 2020Wisconsin National Guard Black Hawk aircrews hold training at Fort McCoy
- September 14, 2020Wyoming National Guard to help fight California wildfires
- September 10, 2020319th EOD conducts pre-mobilization training
- September 10, 2020599th Trans. Bde., partners upload 25th ID for JRTC
- September 9, 2020CH 53K tests its power at U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground
- September 8, 2020New policy addresses 3D parts for Army aircraft
- September 3, 2020High school student follows father into Idaho National Guard
- August 31, 2020U.S. Army Aviation Museum features XH-40, 'helicopter that changed world'
- August 28, 2020U.S. Army Reserve aviation brigade adapts to COVID-19 challenges by conducting local command post exercise