By U.S. ArmyNovember 18, 2015
Lt. Gen. Michael X. Garret is the Commanding General of U.S. Army Central located at Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina. A native of Cleveland, Ohio, he received his commission in 1984 as a Second Lieutenant in the Infantry upon graduating from Xavier University.Garrett's assignments include Chief of Staff of U.S. Central Command, Commanding General of United States Army Alaska and multiple joint and operational tours, staff assignments at numerous levels as well as several commands. Highlights include commanding 3rd Battalion 325th Infantry (Airborne), 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg North Carolina. He deployed to Afghanistan as chief of current operations, Combined Task Force 180 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. He then commanded 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division (Light) which deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Following Brigade Command, Lt. Gen. Garrett served as the Deputy Commanding General of United States Army Recruiting Command. Following his tour with Recruiting Command, Lt. Gen. Garrett returned to Fort Bragg where he served as the Chief of Staff, XVIII Airborne Corps. As the XVIII Airborne Corps Chief of Staff, he deployed to Iraq in support of Operation New Dawn where he served as the Deputy Chief of Staff for United States Forces-Iraq.Lt. Gen. Garrett's military education includes completion of the Infantry Officer Basic and Advance courses, the US Army Command and General Staff College and a prestigious Senior Service College Fellowship. He also holds a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice from Xavier University.
- June 1, 2020Georgia Guard members deployed in 2019 respond to COVID in 2020
- June 1, 2020Manda Bay, BMA name facilities for fallen service member
- May 29, 2020Jackson deploys thermal system in COVID fight
- May 29, 2020Army advances materials for new low-profile antenna
- May 28, 2020U.S. Army Operational Test Command sends off commander to 13th Expeditionary Sustainment Command
- May 26, 2020Semper Fi!
- May 26, 2020Bastogne medic joins BACH in fight against COVID-19
- May 26, 2020Run for the Fallen: No Slack Soldiers honor generations of heroes
- May 26, 2020WHINSEC Honors Command & General Staff Officer Course Students
- May 19, 2020Growing tomorrow’s Army space operations officers
- May 18, 2020Army general to co-lead Operation Warp Speed for COVID-19 vaccine
- May 18, 2020Special Ops will remain integral to strategy, USSOCOM commander says
- May 11, 2020Mitigation measures enable successful recon ops for Paratroopers