Acquisition officials seeking input on draft solicitation for advertising
By Daniel P. Elkins, Mission and Installation Contracting Command Public Affairs OfficeSeptember 11, 2015
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas (Sept. 11, 2015) -- Contracting officials here are seeking feedback over the next two weeks on a draft solicitation for Army advertising and marketing services released Sept. 11 on the Federal Business Opportunities website.The draft solicitation, W9124J-16-R-AMRG, includes an acquisition overview, performance work statement, proposal preparation instructions, evaluation criteria and information on the Defense Contract Audit Agency pre-award process. It replaces solicitation W9124J-15-R-0001.A link to the draft solicitation can be found in the Related Links section on this page, or the solicitation can be found at www.fbo.gov by conducting a keyword search for W9124J-16-R-AMRG.Mission and Installation Contracting Command officials clarified that the draft solicitation is not a request for proposals, but rather an opportunity to help shape the Army's acquisition strategy."We're looking for candid feedback from industry as part of a comprehensive review to ensure the final solicitation includes the most advanced advertising strategies for meeting the Army's advertising needs while maximizing taxpayer dollars," said LaTischa Castro, a contracting officer with MICC-Fort Sam Houston. "Seeking this feedback from industry also upholds the government's commitment to guaranteeing competition and transparency."Officials from the MICC began conducting market research from industry to provide advertising services for the Army in June 2014. Following a sources sought period last fall, large and small business representatives gathered in San Antonio in December 2014 for an industry day to assess capabilities and provides an opportunity for interested representatives to network. The forum also allowed industry partners to meet with contracting officials and as well as learn about the Army Marketing and Research Group mission. AMRG is a field operating agency of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Manpower and Reserve Affairs in Alexandria, Virginia.
MICC officials plan to request proposals and award a contract to a full-service advertising agency in 2016. Those services include development of the Army's marketing strategy; the execution of the tactical advertising strategy through the production of a wide range of advertising solutions; and complete advertising planning and tactical services to include development and production of creative, planning and purchasing of media, strategic planning and research, local marketing, event marketing, interactive marketing, promotions marketing, public relations, multi-cultural advertising as well as maintain an online and social media presence.
Interested advertising industry representatives may submit their feedback to the MICC by following instructions listed at draft solicitation site on FBO or via email at email@example.com.
- September 17, 2020Federal survey solicits AMC employee feedback
- September 17, 2020New innovations improve branching process for cadets, branches
- September 14, 202028th MSPO unveils Patriot Launcher for the first time
- September 11, 2020Army Reaches to Industry for Latest Tech to Modernize the Tactical Network
- September 6, 2020Cadet of the Week: William E. Taylor
- September 3, 2020FA58 selection process now open
- September 3, 2020TRAINING WITH INDUSTRY PROGRAM PROMOTES READINESS AND RECIPROCITY
- August 31, 2020Maintaining the 50-year-old MKARNS
- August 25, 2020Army launches first SPARTN solicitation for ‘Fire Faster’
- August 24, 2020Army finds Pebble Mine project cannot be permitted as proposed
- August 21, 2020The Letterkenny Munitions Center Is Reducing Cost And Ensuring Safety Through Non-Destructive Testing.
- August 21, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Software Factory
- August 20, 2020ANAD prepares Marine M1 tanks