Acquisition officials seeking input on draft solicitation for advertising
By Daniel P. Elkins, Mission and Installation Contracting Command Public Affairs OfficeSeptember 11, 2015
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas (Sept. 11, 2015) -- Contracting officials here are seeking feedback over the next two weeks on a draft solicitation for Army advertising and marketing services released Sept. 11 on the Federal Business Opportunities website.The draft solicitation, W9124J-16-R-AMRG, includes an acquisition overview, performance work statement, proposal preparation instructions, evaluation criteria and information on the Defense Contract Audit Agency pre-award process. It replaces solicitation W9124J-15-R-0001.A link to the draft solicitation can be found in the Related Links section on this page, or the solicitation can be found at www.fbo.gov by conducting a keyword search for W9124J-16-R-AMRG.Mission and Installation Contracting Command officials clarified that the draft solicitation is not a request for proposals, but rather an opportunity to help shape the Army's acquisition strategy."We're looking for candid feedback from industry as part of a comprehensive review to ensure the final solicitation includes the most advanced advertising strategies for meeting the Army's advertising needs while maximizing taxpayer dollars," said LaTischa Castro, a contracting officer with MICC-Fort Sam Houston. "Seeking this feedback from industry also upholds the government's commitment to guaranteeing competition and transparency."Officials from the MICC began conducting market research from industry to provide advertising services for the Army in June 2014. Following a sources sought period last fall, large and small business representatives gathered in San Antonio in December 2014 for an industry day to assess capabilities and provides an opportunity for interested representatives to network. The forum also allowed industry partners to meet with contracting officials and as well as learn about the Army Marketing and Research Group mission. AMRG is a field operating agency of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Manpower and Reserve Affairs in Alexandria, Virginia.
MICC officials plan to request proposals and award a contract to a full-service advertising agency in 2016. Those services include development of the Army's marketing strategy; the execution of the tactical advertising strategy through the production of a wide range of advertising solutions; and complete advertising planning and tactical services to include development and production of creative, planning and purchasing of media, strategic planning and research, local marketing, event marketing, interactive marketing, promotions marketing, public relations, multi-cultural advertising as well as maintain an online and social media presence.
Interested advertising industry representatives may submit their feedback to the MICC by following instructions listed at draft solicitation site on FBO or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 11, 2020Organic Industrial Base ramps up to fight COVID-19
- August 11, 2020Letterkenny Munitions Center Expands Non-Destructive Testing Options; Adding Eddy Current Testing To An Already Extensive List
- August 4, 2020Army Reserve officer credits Army training with his success in aerospace career
- August 2, 2020Flood study for Charleston peninsula draws sweeping public engagement with 500 comments
- July 31, 2020Creativity at Work
- July 31, 2020Resource Efficiency Managers support modernization of defense industrial base
- July 27, 2020Tobyhanna Army Depot mitigation strategy sustains Soldier readiness overseas
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020AMCOM Industry Days targets increasing supply availability
- July 22, 2020MICC briefing to industry attracts over 450 small business reps
- July 22, 2020Readiness Driver | Tobyhanna Army Depot Supports Modernization in the SSA
- July 20, 2020FARA/FLRAA Mission Systems Industry Day Proves Successful
- July 17, 2020Army releases draft RFP for OMFV Preliminary Digital Design phase