I Corps Welcomes new DCG
By Sgt. Daniel SchroederSeptember 10, 2015
I Corps welcomed their new deputy commanding general, during a ceremony at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Sept. 9.
Maj. Gen. Kurt Fuller joins I Corps from his former position as the chief of operations at International Security Assistance Forces in Afghanistan."He is an officer of the highest caliber, a leader with tremendous acumen and character, and he builds winning teams," said Lt. Gen. Stephen Lanza, I Corps commanding general. "His critical role at ISAF was essential in building the Afghan readiness for the future."
Fuller has served in every significant conflict since Grenada during more than 30 years of service."I am overwhelmed by the warm welcome and easy transition since arriving at JBLM and I Corps," said Fuller. "I look forward to working with the Soldiers of I Corps and continuing the legacy."Lanza acknowledged the benefits to the I Corps team with Fuller and his family joining America's Corps."His knowledge and experience of the Pacific region is the same type of innovative leadership he brings with him to the Corps," said Lanza. "His dedicated leadership, inspirational vision, and vast regional and global experience is essential to the corps and continuing to make us globally responsive and regionally aligned for years to come."
- September 22, 2020USAG Okinawa garrison commander plants seeds of volunteerism
- September 21, 2020Fort McCoy garrison commander reviews post’s COVID-19 pandemic response success
- September 21, 2020U.S., Colombian Army Bilateral Staff Talks essential to interoperability, stability in Western Hemisphere
- September 21, 2020Female Air Defense leader continues making history
- September 18, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Resilience
- September 17, 2020Army Medical Logistics Command celebrates first year
- September 17, 2020Phantom Action: Corps leaders take input from brigade-level command teams
- September 17, 2020Ladder truck essential tool in DES arsenal
- September 16, 2020Command Team Certification sets First Army leaders up for success
- September 15, 2020Army Medical Logistics Command commander pins on first star
- September 12, 202055th Chief of Engineers takes Command, outlines priorities
- September 1, 2020New regional Army Corps commander meets leaders across South Carolina
- September 1, 2020Himes engineers future of Omaha District