I Corps Welcomes new DCG
By Sgt. Daniel SchroederSeptember 10, 2015
I Corps welcomed their new deputy commanding general, during a ceremony at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Sept. 9.
Maj. Gen. Kurt Fuller joins I Corps from his former position as the chief of operations at International Security Assistance Forces in Afghanistan."He is an officer of the highest caliber, a leader with tremendous acumen and character, and he builds winning teams," said Lt. Gen. Stephen Lanza, I Corps commanding general. "His critical role at ISAF was essential in building the Afghan readiness for the future."
Fuller has served in every significant conflict since Grenada during more than 30 years of service."I am overwhelmed by the warm welcome and easy transition since arriving at JBLM and I Corps," said Fuller. "I look forward to working with the Soldiers of I Corps and continuing the legacy."Lanza acknowledged the benefits to the I Corps team with Fuller and his family joining America's Corps."His knowledge and experience of the Pacific region is the same type of innovative leadership he brings with him to the Corps," said Lanza. "His dedicated leadership, inspirational vision, and vast regional and global experience is essential to the corps and continuing to make us globally responsive and regionally aligned for years to come."
- January 15, 2021U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Sergeant Major Assessment Program
- October 15, 2020Army housing improves with continued investments
- June 3, 2020Message to the Army Force regarding its continued support to civil authorities
- April 1, 2020U.S. Army medical research institute continues work on coronavirus
- March 11, 2020U.S. Army celebrates women's contributions and service
- February 6, 2020Army Secretary Ryan D. McCarthy, other service secretaries, meet with housing executives
- January 21, 2020U.S. Army withdraws Water Supply Rule
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming III Corps Headquarters deployment
- September 12, 2019Army senior leaders continue to examine homes, meet with families
- September 12, 2019Army applauds FY19 NDAA passage
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming XVIII Airborne Corps Headquarters deployment
- September 12, 2019Army astronaut keeping busy on International Space Station
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces III Corps deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces deployment of Fort Bragg-based units
- September 12, 2019Army Announces Results From Early Retirement, Separation Boards
- September 12, 2019Fewer combat wounded prompt Army to streamline number of Warrior Transition