Spotlight on … Jim Walker
By Mission and Installation Contracting Command Public Affairs OfficeMay 11, 2015
Jim Walker is a contracting officer with the Mission Enterprise Division at Mission and Installation Contracting Command-Fort Bragg, North Carolina. He recently supported the U.S. Army Reserve Command Enterprise Data Center and Information Technology support section in obtaining $3 million of additional support to cover an increased workload resulting from newly established IT security requirements and infrastructure needs."It was a logical follow-on to have the incumbent contractor provide the additional support," Walker said. "Information technology and cybersecurity concerns are constantly evolving, and our contracts need to be flexible enough to ensure we can adjust them to the changes in technology and the threat environment."Walker credits Dean Carsello, the MICC special competition advocate at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, Texas, for ensuring the increase stayed within the regulatory boundaries and obtaining client support.Describe your current position:
I provide a financially sound approach to getting the support the Soldier needs. When administrating information technology contracts, there are constant changes that include new security requirements, software updates and hardware upgrades. As a result, these service contracts require modifications to ensure Soldiers continue to receive the appropriate support that is both price competitive and affordable.What attracted you to work for the Army?
I was attracted to the military environment.Where do you call home? Do you have family?
I live in Fayetteville, North Carolina. I have a son, Mike, who is a business major at Fayetteville State University in Fayetteville. I spend my spare time gardening and raising chickens.What is your greatest satisfaction in performing your job?
My greatest satisfaction is working with clients and co-workers to resolve contract challenges.What would you like others to know about you?
I am a Pittsburg Steelers fan.
- July 30, 2020MICC contracting team dives in to support Army engineer detachment
- July 29, 2020902nd CBN provides critical pre-deployment training
- July 28, 2020414th Contract Supporting Brigade Soldier to compete in AMC Best Warrior Competition
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020418th CSB uncases colors marking return home
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020ON CONTRACTING: AVOID BRIDGES TO NOWHERE
- July 21, 2020ACQUISITION “SOUND BITE” VIDEOS SIMPLIFY CONTRACTING CONCEPTS
- July 21, 2020The Notice I Never Knew
- July 21, 2020CONTROLLING THE DETAILS
- July 21, 2020Measure What Matters
- July 20, 2020IG serves as eyes, ears, voice, conscience of commander
- July 13, 2020900th CBN concludes COVID-19 support at Fort Bragg’s FOB Patriot