Are you Arctic Tough?
By U.S. ArmyDecember 5, 2014
The Northern Warfare Training Center offers two courses for leaders and Soldiers in order to earn the respected Arctic Tab. The Cold Weather Orientation Course, or CWOC, is a four-day course that familiarizes senior leadership with the knowledge and skills required in successfully planning and conducting operations in the cold. This course is typically attended by Soldiers E-7 to O-6The Cold Weather Leadership Course or, CWLC, is a 10-day course that trains squad and platoon-level leaders in the knowledge and skills required to successfully conduct small unit operations in a cold, snow-covered environment. This course is typically attended by Soldiers E-1 to E-6 and O-1 to O-2.The Arctic Tab signifies that a Soldier has the knowledge to better understand the austere environment that our Arctic Warriors face for roughly 9 months out of every year, and have the knowledge required to keep their Soldiers safe while training in such harsh environments. When in doubt seek an arctic tabber out.For enrollment in these courses, please contact your unit's schools NCO or company first sergeant.
- May 22, 2020TTX preps leaders for severe weather event
- May 20, 2020AC season on the way
- May 18, 2020Severe spring weather season arrives in Kansas: Build a Kit, part 4
- May 18, 2020Eighth Army Soldiers authorized wear of arctic, jungle tabs
- May 15, 2020Tulsa District maintenance crews work rain or shine on the MKARNS
- May 14, 2020Wildfires, grilling are two summer fire hazards
- May 12, 2020Housing feedback spurs change to residents' quality of life: air conditioners approved
- May 11, 2020Severe spring weather season arrives in Kansas: Make a plan, part 3
- May 8, 2020Public Service Recognition Week: Forester reflects on 35-year civil service career
- May 4, 2020Severe spring weather season arrives in Kansas: Be informed, part 2
- April 30, 2020Jackson officials remind housing residents of safety concerns
- April 30, 2020Army researchers see path to quantum computing at room temperature
- April 29, 2020Severe spring weather season arrives in Kansas: Be informed, part 1
- April 27, 2020NY's 42nd Infantry Division liberated Dachau 75 years ago
- April 24, 2020Is it COVID-19, a Cold or Seasonal Allergies?