Spotlight on … Marty Orgeron
By Mission and Installation Contracting Command Public Affairs OfficeOctober 24, 2014
Describe your current position:
I am a quality assurance specialist with the 918th Contracting Battalion at Mission and Installation Contracting Command-Fort Carson, Colorado. I am the primary contact for all acquisition quality assurance matters including contracting officer representative management and training.Describe your passion for the job:
I have a direct impact on ensuring the Army gets what it pays for. The QAS is charged with ensuring service contracts have a properly appointed COR and documented evidence exists to substantiate contractor performance. Fort Carson has consistently been at 95 to 100 percent on COR appointments and was the first MICC office to achieve 100 percent on monthly reports in the Virtual Contracting Enterprise COR database providing assurances that services are being adequately provided. That is up from 46 percent in the third quarter of fiscal 2014.Where do you call home? Do you have family?
I am originally from Louisiana, but settled in Colorado Springs after a career in the Air Force. I have a wife and three children.How does your job support the warfighter?
We help secure services and commodities for the warfighter. It's rewarding when I get to help Soldiers and ensure that they get the resources they need to do their job.What would you like others to know about you?
I believe in teamwork and enjoy helping others at work regardless of the task. Everything we do supports Soldiers and the Fort Carson community. The phrase "not in my job description" is not in my vocabulary. If we all work together we will be successful.
- August 11, 2020Michigan company to dredge Ontonagon Harbor
- August 6, 2020Carson preps for fall while adapting to pandemic
- August 6, 2020Education center expands services
- July 30, 2020MICC contracting team dives in to support Army engineer detachment
- July 29, 2020902nd CBN provides critical pre-deployment training
- July 28, 20201st SBCT tackles EDRE, NTC rotation load out
- July 28, 2020414th Contract Supporting Brigade Soldier to compete in AMC Best Warrior Competition
- July 27, 2020AMCOM encourages use of virtual environment to boost telework capability
- July 27, 2020Program showcases organization’s role models, leaders
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020418th CSB uncases colors marking return home
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020ON CONTRACTING: AVOID BRIDGES TO NOWHERE
- July 21, 2020ACQUISITION “SOUND BITE” VIDEOS SIMPLIFY CONTRACTING CONCEPTS