Exchange Honors Military Retirees with 'Still Serving' Promotions Oct. 3-9
By Julie MitchellSeptember 26, 2014
DALLAS -- To pay tribute to veterans' enduring sacrifices, the Army & Air Force Exchange Service will salute America's 2.4 million military retirees with "Still Serving" events, a week of special savings and promotions designed to show appreciation.From Oct. 3-9, military retirees can take advantage of in-store events along with discounts and giveaways online.This year's discounts include 10 percent off one shopmyexchange.com order of $100 or more and $10 off any optical purchase of $100 or more when using their MILITARY STAR card.Exchange shoppers can also enter to win prizes on the Exchange's Facebook page at facebook.com/AAFES.BX.PX. Prizes include:•A 10-piece Calphalon Unison Slide & Sear nonstick cookware set valued at $519.
•Nine Cuisinart kitchen appliances valued at $2,000.
•Special edition Harley-Davidson tool storage with a 309-piece mechanics tool set valued at $1,800.In-store events during the week vary by location and may include refreshments, product samples, health clinics, cooking demonstrations and more."Retirees are an essential part of the total team. When retirees support the Exchange, they are a key enabler to the sustainment of quality-of-life programs for our installations and air bases. We honor their continual commitment, strength, sacrifice and service to our nation, said Exchange Command Engineer Col. Fabian Mendoza. "'Still Serving' is our annual effort to thank veterans for all they do on behalf of our military communities."All authorized Exchange shoppers may take advantage of the discounts and events. For more information, call or visit any Exchange location. Contact information is available at shopmyexchange.com/ExchangeStores.
- August 11, 2020Braddock Bay project complete, Area of Concern moves towards delisting
- August 7, 2020Respect lays foundation for Army Value system
- August 6, 2020USAACE honors 'best warriors'
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- August 4, 2020Fort McCoy Sgt. Audie Murphy Club chapter holds first community event
- August 3, 2020Army Value of duty sets standards of mission success
- July 31, 20202CR Soldiers participate in ruck march for EIB and ESB
- July 31, 2020Clothing exchange helps USAG Wiesbaden community look SHARP
- July 29, 2020Drawing on support — Garrison leaders donate blood at American Red Cross event
- July 27, 2020Army Values begin with loyalty, sustain readiness mission
- July 24, 2020MSCoE Sends: Protecting Trust, the Foundation of Our Profession
- July 23, 2020AMCOM Industry Days targets increasing supply availability
- July 23, 2020Army sponsorship program helps ease transition for Soldiers, Families
- July 22, 2020101st Div. Sust. Bde. Change of Command Ceremony
- July 14, 2020AER helps Soldiers impacted by COVID-19; still needs your help