Army Announces Changes to Forces at White Sands Missile Range, Fort Riley
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)October 1, 2008
The U.S. Army announced today, Oct. 1, a force-structure change for White Sands Missile Range, N.M, and Fort Riley, Kan. These actions represent an increase of 719 military authorizations with no change to present civilian authorizations at White Sands Missile Range, and a decrease of 175 military authorizations at Fort Riley. These stationing actions will be completed by Oct, 14, 2012.
The activation and relocation of these units is in support of integrated force structure changes resulting from the President's "Grow the Army" initiative. These units execute mobility, counter mobility, survivability tasks, and provide general engineering missions in support of maneuver and support brigades to enable a tailored force package to be applied to a specific mission group, focused logistics and a constructive force protection.
- 30 -
Media with questions may call Lt. Col. Lee M. Packnett, phone: (703) 614-2487, at the Army's Office of the Chief of Public Affairs.
- December 13, 2018100th Missile Defense Brigade welcomes new leader
- December 4, 2018AMCOM leader hosts Town Hall
- December 4, 2018PEO Aviation recognized for value engineering achievements
- December 4, 2018Aviation, Missile Center expands upon BAT technology
- December 3, 2018TERRAIN TRACKS: TRADOC tests moving targets at Carmouche Range
- November 30, 2018Heart of the matter: Part 2 -- Fat guy learns the simplest health plan remains the best
- November 29, 2018WSMR partnership successfully restores Trinity site ranch house
- November 26, 2018Army Patriot Missile Battalion takes part in exercise Keen Sword 18
- November 20, 2018SDDC uses new hiring authority for immediate offers
- November 19, 2018Air Defenders Recognized for Excellence at Missile Defender of the Year Banquet
- November 6, 2018AMC commander commends readiness focus of Aviation and Missile Command
- October 30, 2018Ohio National Guard air defenders prepare to rule the skies
- October 30, 2018Desert Bighorn Sheep Relocated from WSMR to Sacramento Mountains