Army Announces Changes to Forces at White Sands Missile Range, Fort Riley
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)October 1, 2008
The U.S. Army announced today, Oct. 1, a force-structure change for White Sands Missile Range, N.M, and Fort Riley, Kan. These actions represent an increase of 719 military authorizations with no change to present civilian authorizations at White Sands Missile Range, and a decrease of 175 military authorizations at Fort Riley. These stationing actions will be completed by Oct, 14, 2012.
The activation and relocation of these units is in support of integrated force structure changes resulting from the President's "Grow the Army" initiative. These units execute mobility, counter mobility, survivability tasks, and provide general engineering missions in support of maneuver and support brigades to enable a tailored force package to be applied to a specific mission group, focused logistics and a constructive force protection.
- 30 -
Media with questions may call Lt. Col. Lee M. Packnett, phone: (703) 614-2487, at the Army's Office of the Chief of Public Affairs.
- July 20, 2018Boom goes Artillery
- July 20, 2018Polish, US Engineers clear a path for continued interoperability
- July 19, 2018"A Majestic Bullseye"
- July 17, 2018AMCOM Special Operations aviation leader honored with Presidential Rank award
- July 17, 2018AMCOM update highlights initiatives in growing supply availability, readiness
- July 17, 2018Tobyhanna, local community partner to beautify landmark
- July 17, 20181st Space Brigade welcomes new commander
- July 16, 2018Overseas assignment gives AMRDEC researcher the chance to explore strength under pressure
- July 14, 2018The Kwajalein Hourglass - Community Newspaper
- July 11, 2018Demand for missile defense continues to increase
- July 10, 2018Buffalo District and partners sign Cleveland Huletts agreement
- July 5, 2018AMCOM retiring sergeant major cherishes journey
- July 3, 2018AMC's Dellamonica Awards recognize excellence in wide range of missions
- July 3, 2018New aviation engineering director appointed as SES
- July 2, 201894th AAMDC Host Change of Responsibility Ceremony
- July 2, 2018AMCOM's Deputy to the Commanding General receives Presidential award