Army Announces Changes to Forces at White Sands Missile Range, Fort Riley
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)October 1, 2008
The U.S. Army announced today, Oct. 1, a force-structure change for White Sands Missile Range, N.M, and Fort Riley, Kan. These actions represent an increase of 719 military authorizations with no change to present civilian authorizations at White Sands Missile Range, and a decrease of 175 military authorizations at Fort Riley. These stationing actions will be completed by Oct, 14, 2012.
The activation and relocation of these units is in support of integrated force structure changes resulting from the President's "Grow the Army" initiative. These units execute mobility, counter mobility, survivability tasks, and provide general engineering missions in support of maneuver and support brigades to enable a tailored force package to be applied to a specific mission group, focused logistics and a constructive force protection.
- 30 -
Media with questions may call Lt. Col. Lee M. Packnett, phone: (703) 614-2487, at the Army's Office of the Chief of Public Affairs.
- March 19, 2019Investing in Knowledge: Strengthening IPPS-A Human Resources Analytics
- March 18, 2019Revised Dates for WSMR Prescribed Fire Scheduled for Northeast Range Area near Highway 380
- March 17, 2019Congresswoman Torres Small Joins Bataan Memorial Death March Activities
- March 15, 20197221st Medical Support Unit transfers authority of the Deployed Warrior Medical Management Center to
- March 14, 2019USACE's Abiquiu Lake Updates Its Lake Elevation Measurement Equipment
- March 13, 2019Futures Command highlights changes, new structure at SXSW
- March 8, 2019Town hall gives forum to Fort Riley families
- March 5, 201965 faculty authors contribute to body of Army professional knowledge
- March 5, 2019Restructuring possible with FY20 budget proposal
- March 5, 2019Quarterhorse Soldiers learn Polish history
- March 4, 2019'Dagger' brigade Soldiers perfect surface-to-air defense skills
- March 1, 2019New York Times bestselling author Greg Iles to sign copies of newest book at Barr March 11
- February 28, 2019Register firearms before bringing them on post
- February 28, 2019National Guard, first responders DAART into action
- February 16, 2019Heavy hitters leave their footprints in the sand
- February 14, 2019Fort Riley named finalist for Army Excellence Award