Army Announces Changes to Forces at White Sands Missile Range, Fort Riley
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)October 1, 2008
The U.S. Army announced today, Oct. 1, a force-structure change for White Sands Missile Range, N.M, and Fort Riley, Kan. These actions represent an increase of 719 military authorizations with no change to present civilian authorizations at White Sands Missile Range, and a decrease of 175 military authorizations at Fort Riley. These stationing actions will be completed by Oct, 14, 2012.
The activation and relocation of these units is in support of integrated force structure changes resulting from the President's "Grow the Army" initiative. These units execute mobility, counter mobility, survivability tasks, and provide general engineering missions in support of maneuver and support brigades to enable a tailored force package to be applied to a specific mission group, focused logistics and a constructive force protection.
- 30 -
Media with questions may call Lt. Col. Lee M. Packnett, phone: (703) 614-2487, at the Army's Office of the Chief of Public Affairs.
- September 25, 2018RDECOM's road map to modernizing the Army: Long-range precision fires
- September 21, 2018Break out bayonets: Engineers reopen dormant range
- September 20, 2018Army doubles cannon range in prototype demo
- September 14, 2018Students complete eight-week STEM program at the RDECOM Aviation & Missile Center
- September 13, 2018Extended Range Gray Eagle version follow-on tests complete
- September 8, 2018Rising Thunder 18 Bilateral Urban Live Fire Range
- September 4, 2018Army researchers hope to lighten Soldiers' battery load
- September 3, 2018Rising Thunder 18 Anti-Tank Missile Range Video Link
- September 3, 2018Rising Thunder 18 Rocket Range
- September 2, 2018Rising Thunder 18 Shoot House Range
- August 31, 201849th Missile Defense Battalion tests its METL
- August 29, 2018Local Marines host tank gunnery competition at Fort Knox range
- August 29, 2018449TH CAB RELINQUISHES AUTHORITY OF OPERATION INHERENT RESOLVE
- August 28, 2018TF Voodoo transfers authority to TF Talon