Army Announces Changes to Forces at White Sands Missile Range, Fort Riley
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)October 1, 2008
The U.S. Army announced today, Oct. 1, a force-structure change for White Sands Missile Range, N.M, and Fort Riley, Kan. These actions represent an increase of 719 military authorizations with no change to present civilian authorizations at White Sands Missile Range, and a decrease of 175 military authorizations at Fort Riley. These stationing actions will be completed by Oct, 14, 2012.
The activation and relocation of these units is in support of integrated force structure changes resulting from the President's "Grow the Army" initiative. These units execute mobility, counter mobility, survivability tasks, and provide general engineering missions in support of maneuver and support brigades to enable a tailored force package to be applied to a specific mission group, focused logistics and a constructive force protection.
- 30 -
Media with questions may call Lt. Col. Lee M. Packnett, phone: (703) 614-2487, at the Army's Office of the Chief of Public Affairs.
- May 18, 2018Fort Bliss FA Soldiers impact modernization during Army Tactical Missile Systems Modification test
- May 18, 2018FORSCOM Frontline - May 18, 2018
- May 17, 2018Face of Defense: Army leader focuses on empathy, compassion
- May 16, 2018Update
- May 15, 2018MICC Fort Riley enables global readiness
- May 12, 2018Retired Army civilian employees volunteer to support Northern California disaster relief mission
- May 11, 2018President Trump signs executive order for military spouse employment
- May 7, 2018Secretary of the US Army visits Fort Riley, meets with 'Big Red One' Soldiers, spouses, civilians
- May 4, 2018CYBERCOM to elevate to combatant command
- May 3, 2018Soldiers celebrate Polish Flag Day during Combined Resolve
- May 1, 2018USO Special Delivery pregnancy and parenting author visits moms at Blanchfield
- May 1, 2018Help is here: How to change equipment authorizations
- May 1, 2018Mission command in a DSCA event
- April 30, 2018Army surgeon general discusses DHA migration efforts on Hill
- April 25, 2018Germans show support during largest tactical convoy on German roads
- April 23, 2018Financial calculators can help Fort Riley civilians plan adequate funds for retirement