Spotlight on … Anita Guadiano
By U.S. ArmyJune 17, 2014
Procurement analyst for the Mission and Installation Contracting Command Policy and Compliance Directorate's Field Support Division at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, Texas.Describe your current position:
I have been a procurement analyst for headquarters MICC for two and a half years, conducting acquisition procurement reviews on various packages for regulatory compliance in preparation for principal assistants responsible for contracting and higher approval authorities. Most recently, I became a Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System metric champion for the MICC.Describe your passion for the job:
I started as a procurement clerk way back in the day, and grew into an experienced contracting officer. I've been doing contracting for 28 years, and I have worked all aspects of contracting to include pre-award, post-award, spearhead and several contract management reviews. I welcome challenges and enjoy finding ways to improve our contracting world. I love my job and contracting.Where do you call home; do you have a family?
San Antonio is my home. I have been married 31 years and have two fantastic children. My son is a graduate of Texas A&M University and my daughter is a junior at the University of Texas at San Antonio. I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I enjoy attending UTSA football games and going on short out-of-town trips with my husband.How does your job support the Soldier?
Providing quality reviews of acquisition procurement packages ensure that we improve our ability to support the health, welfare, professional development and care of our Soldiers and their family members.What would you like others to know about you?
I am a traditionalist but have an open mind for supportive and innovative changes that help support our mission.
- August 7, 2020BAMC offers ‘last line of defense’ against COVID-19
- August 6, 2020From new signs to cleared paths, upgrades to Marion Bonner are complete
- July 30, 2020MICC contracting team dives in to support Army engineer detachment
- July 29, 2020902nd CBN provides critical pre-deployment training
- July 28, 2020414th Contract Supporting Brigade Soldier to compete in AMC Best Warrior Competition
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020418th CSB uncases colors marking return home
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020ON CONTRACTING: AVOID BRIDGES TO NOWHERE
- July 21, 2020ACQUISITION “SOUND BITE” VIDEOS SIMPLIFY CONTRACTING CONCEPTS
- July 21, 2020The Notice I Never Knew
- July 21, 2020CONTROLLING THE DETAILS
- July 21, 2020Measure What Matters