Army leadership recognizes excellence of The Old Guard, 'Pershing's Own'
By Staff Sgt. Bernardo FullerNovember 4, 2013
WASHINGTON (Under SecArmy Public Affairs, Nov. 4, 2013) -- Under Secretary of the Army Joseph W. Westphal presents framed mementos to the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) and the U.S. Army Band "Pershing's Own," at Conmy Hall, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Va., Nov. 4, in appreciation for their flawless support during the 2011, 2012, and 2013 Under Secretary of the Army hosted Twilight Tattoos."The support that you provide our Army is incredible and very much appreciated by Army leadership and our nation. Your dedication and precision represents the very best of our Army and I applaud your selfless service and commitment to excellence," said Westphal.The themes for the Twilight Tattoos each year were specifically designed to honor the contributions of Soldiers during World War II, the Korean War and current combat operations.A Twilight Tattoo is an hour-long military pageant, which gives a glimpse into American history through performances by The U.S. Army Blues, vocalists from The U.S. Army Band Downrange and U.S. Army Band Voices, The Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, and The U.S. Army Drill Team.
- March 30, 2020FLW stands up courtesy patrols to help with COVID-19 mitigation efforts
- March 27, 2020USAACE CG provides Fort Rucker COVID-19 update, announces future actions
- March 27, 2020Fort Jackson, U.S. Surgeon General, call for communities to follow social distancing
- March 27, 2020FLW holds virtual COVID-19 town hall following HPCON change
- March 27, 2020The U.S. Army Concert Band "Love and Light"
- March 26, 2020Corps goes virtual to recognize top Pacific employees while social distancing
- March 25, 2020Florida National Guard's Army Band helps fight COVID-19
- March 25, 2020FLW holds virtual COVID-19 town hall
- March 20, 202010th Mountain Division chefs continue tradition of culinary excellence at Fort Drum
- March 19, 2020Aviation enterprise invests in leadership development
- March 19, 2020FLW holds live-streamed COVID-19 town hall
- March 18, 2020Garrison leadership hosts COVID-19 town hall
- March 12, 2020DLC VI is now operational
- March 12, 2020Fort Sill welcomes new commanding general
- March 12, 2020Army Materiel Command recognizes excellence in public affairs
- March 12, 2020FORSCOM recognizes 'Women of Excellence'