210th Fires Brigade hosts Thunder Fitness Challenge
By Staff Sgt. Carlos Davis (2d ID)November 4, 2013
The Thunder Fitness Winner:
The first place winner for the Thunder Fitness Competition is 1st Lt. Karon Purnell, a native of Baltimore City, Md., the signal officer assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 1st Battalion, 38th Field Artillery Regiment, 210th Fires Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division.
Here is what he thinks of the competition:
How does it feel to win?
It feels great to have the opportunity to represent the battalion and also the brigade.How did you prepare for competition?
I do a mixture of weight lifting, cross fit, and high endurance exercises to get ready for these types of competitions.
What would you say to Soldiers who are thinking about competing
in this competition in the future?
For Soldiers who are looking to try this type of competition, the best advice I can give them is to stay motivated, set a goal and strive to achieve it, and if you keep working towards that goal good things will follow.Why is it important for Soldiers to be in good physical condition?Over here in Korea being in good physical condition is extremely important for mission readiness. We have to ready on a moment's notice to 'fight tonight.' It helps with the high OPTEMPO environment and mental endurance and physical stamina.
- March 27, 2020Soldiers conduct Army’s new marksmanship qualification
- March 26, 2020MDW Commanding General Talks COVID-19, Military Mission
- March 25, 2020MICC assists acquisition partners with training event
- March 24, 2020Infantry Week, Sullivan Cup competitions postponed at Fort Benning as precaution against COVID-19
- March 23, 2020Camp Zama’s new obstacle course provides Soldiers alternate PT option
- March 20, 2020Non-standard estate opens doors for dredged material placement sites
- March 18, 2020PEO Aviation announces Future Long Range Assault Aircraft Awards
- March 16, 2020Pacific Pride Soldiers Planning to Promote Preventative Health in Palau
- March 12, 2020Culinary training exercise completes fifth day
- March 12, 2020Army Materiel Command recognizes excellence in public affairs
- March 12, 202025th ID crowns Best CBRN Warrior
- March 10, 2020Competition and camaraderie: A Best Warrior partnership
- March 9, 2020Soldiers participate in commemoration of U.S. Forces' arrival in Dormagen 75 years ago
- March 7, 2020Seven things to know before Sandhurst 2020
- March 5, 2020Fort Bliss Engineers Prepare to Demolish at Best Sapper Competition
- March 2, 2020"Biggest Winner" weight loss competition promotes better living