Exchange Helping Wounded Warriors Back on Their Feet
By AAFES Public AffairsOctober 11, 2013
The Army & Air Force Exchange Service, in conjunction with New Balance, is helping wounded service members take a step forward in their recovery process with free athletic shoes through the Wounded Care program.
Since 2007, the Exchange and New Balance have provided complimentary footwear to service members who have been injured in action. More than 400 free pairs have been provided to Wounded Warriors this year alone.
"These warriors have already sacrificed so much that the very least we can do is make sure they've got a good pair of shoes for their road to recovery," said the Exchange's Chief of Staff Col. Tom Ockenfels.
Members of any branch of service returning injured from Operations Iraqi, Enduring Freedom, New Dawn and Noble Eagle or any current member of a Wounded Warrior Battalion or a Warrior Transition Unit (AW2) are eligible to receive a free pair (any style) of in-stock New Balance athletic footwear. Certificates for the shoes can be obtained from the installation chaplain.
- June 19, 2019Advice about the old man at Warrior Games
- June 18, 2019Their best was enough: Fort Carson names Best Warriors
- June 18, 2019Exchange program builds partnerships with the Georgia National Guard
- June 18, 201920th CBRNE Selects its Best Warriors for 2019
- June 18, 2019Japanese local national steps into SDDC's Surface Warrior Spotlight
- June 18, 2019Healing chronic wounds: Madigan inpatient team offers specialized care
- June 13, 2019Wounded Army Casualty Assistance Officer gets to honor Soldiers as a civilian
- June 11, 2019Wounded Soldier getting out? Get a Career Education and Readiness Plan
- June 5, 20192019 Best Cyber Warrior Competition
- June 3, 2019Lucky military shoppers can ride off on new ATV, motorcycles in Exchange sweepstakes
- June 3, 2019Citizen-Warrior: Iowa Soldier finds passion for running
- May 30, 2019Ten years of tears: Soldiers commemorate fallen warriors
- May 29, 2019The 94th AAMDC host best warrior competition
- May 10, 2019Army Wounded Warrior Program Advocate Lee Zimmerman: Achieving optimal health