Exchange Helping Wounded Warriors Back on Their Feet
By AAFES Public AffairsOctober 11, 2013
The Army & Air Force Exchange Service, in conjunction with New Balance, is helping wounded service members take a step forward in their recovery process with free athletic shoes through the Wounded Care program.
Since 2007, the Exchange and New Balance have provided complimentary footwear to service members who have been injured in action. More than 400 free pairs have been provided to Wounded Warriors this year alone.
"These warriors have already sacrificed so much that the very least we can do is make sure they've got a good pair of shoes for their road to recovery," said the Exchange's Chief of Staff Col. Tom Ockenfels.
Members of any branch of service returning injured from Operations Iraqi, Enduring Freedom, New Dawn and Noble Eagle or any current member of a Wounded Warrior Battalion or a Warrior Transition Unit (AW2) are eligible to receive a free pair (any style) of in-stock New Balance athletic footwear. Certificates for the shoes can be obtained from the installation chaplain.
- August 23, 2019Energy Exchange Focused On Military Installations, Energy Resiliency, Efficiency and Emerging Threat
- August 22, 2019Scientists build a synthetic cell system to improve wound treatment, drug delivery for Soldiers
- August 22, 2019Safety officials: Crosswalks don't necessarily mean pedestrians are free to cross
- August 22, 2019Jackson among first to see 'last' film
- August 20, 2019Four service exchanges join forces for first time at electronics expo
- August 19, 2019ALA Food Show opens commissary, exchange doors to Hawaii vendors
- August 19, 2019U.S. Army Soldiers Conduct Heavy Equipment Transporter Staff Exchange with Lebanese Armed Forces
- August 15, 2019'Exchange Inc.' Vehicle Scams Leaving Service Members Feeling Overheated
- August 15, 2019Back to school beauty event coming to FJ Exchange
- August 15, 2019"Freedom is Not Free," Class of 2023 makes mark for future
- August 13, 2019MWR invites public to free Party at the Park at Eastman Amphitheater Aug. 23
- August 13, 2019Camp Zama aikido sensei offers harmony, balance through martial arts class
- August 7, 2019Vicenza Exchange prepares to undergo 'Extreme Makeover'
- August 3, 2019Balancing it all: Signal Soldier sets goals and succeeds
- July 23, 2019Painting by wounded warrior unveiled at BAMC