Seoul American graduate wins $1,500 DECA scholarship
By Pvt. Choi Keun-woo (USAG-Yongsan)July 2, 2008
YONGSAN GARRISON, Republic of Korea - A Seoul American High School graduate won a $1,500 scholarship June 26 from the Defense Commissary Agency 2008 Scholarships for Military Children.
Kiersten Pak-Blyzniuk earned one of only 600 scholarships available to military children worldwide.
Students had to maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average, demonstrate a high level of community involvement and write a 500-word essay.
"I'm very proud of her," said her father, Michael Blyzniuk. "She works very hard on everything she does whether it's academics or athletics."
Kiersten will enroll at Pennsylvania State University. "I think this scholarship shows that my hard work has paid off," she said, "and I'm happy for that."
Go to www.commissaries.com to see a complete list of scholarship winners worldwide
- July 20, 2018The Army is about opportunities and now this Cyber Soldier is heading to West Point
- July 19, 2018Fort Sill dental residency graduates ready to drill
- July 19, 2018Standalone: A kick out of football
- July 19, 2018Alabama ARNG welcomes first black female pilot
- July 16, 2018Recent older Air Assault graduates give advice for overcoming obstacle of age
- July 16, 2018Afghan 205th Corps Increases Capabilities with Eagle Strike Company
- July 13, 2018Foreign military chaplains credit LRMC for vocational development
- July 12, 2018GME Interns get hands-on during first-ever simulation boot camp
- July 10, 2018First BLC class graduates under new curriculum at Fort McCoy
- July 9, 2018NY National Guard's 27th Division suffered 1st WWI combat death on July 13, 1918
- July 5, 2018New older Air Assault graduates give advice for overcoming the obstacle of age
- July 3, 2018Air Defense Artillery Fire Control Officers integrate air defense in Europe
- July 2, 2018Thompson sisters, part of triplets, help high school softball team win title
- June 28, 2018Soldiers, civilians complete WBAMC GME programs
- June 27, 2018Eight graduate, six enter Army leader development program
- June 26, 2018Graduating teen draws strength from childhood autism diagnosis