Seoul American graduate wins $1,500 DECA scholarship
By Pvt. Choi Keun-woo (USAG-Yongsan)July 2, 2008
YONGSAN GARRISON, Republic of Korea - A Seoul American High School graduate won a $1,500 scholarship June 26 from the Defense Commissary Agency 2008 Scholarships for Military Children.
Kiersten Pak-Blyzniuk earned one of only 600 scholarships available to military children worldwide.
Students had to maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average, demonstrate a high level of community involvement and write a 500-word essay.
"I'm very proud of her," said her father, Michael Blyzniuk. "She works very hard on everything she does whether it's academics or athletics."
Kiersten will enroll at Pennsylvania State University. "I think this scholarship shows that my hard work has paid off," she said, "and I'm happy for that."
Go to www.commissaries.com to see a complete list of scholarship winners worldwide
- September 20, 20188A Safety Gram Chuseok Holiday
- September 19, 2018Urban Search and Rescue graduates first Level I, II class
- September 14, 2018Marshall Center Alumni Programs Offers 20 Scholarships for 2019
- September 12, 2018Branch Week: Gathering information for right career choice
- September 10, 2018More than 60 year history in Seoul comes to a close as FED relocates to Camp Humphreys
- September 7, 2018TAMC combat medic named honor grad at 25ID 'Jungle School'
- September 7, 2018Army Spouse finds career path through the Health Professions Scholarship Program
- September 7, 2018First female 'Sky Soldier' from 173rd Airborne graduates Ranger School
- September 6, 2018McCain Meets Future Leaders
- September 6, 2018McCain Inspires Future Leaders
- September 4, 2018Marshall Center Participants Enhance Their English Language Skills for Security Studies
- September 4, 2018Soldier takes hobby to next level, competes in Armed Forces Triathlon
- August 9, 2018Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation celebrates record-breaking year of educating Marine children