Seoul American graduate wins $1,500 DECA scholarship
By Pvt. Choi Keun-woo (USAG-Yongsan)July 2, 2008
YONGSAN GARRISON, Republic of Korea - A Seoul American High School graduate won a $1,500 scholarship June 26 from the Defense Commissary Agency 2008 Scholarships for Military Children.
Kiersten Pak-Blyzniuk earned one of only 600 scholarships available to military children worldwide.
Students had to maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average, demonstrate a high level of community involvement and write a 500-word essay.
"I'm very proud of her," said her father, Michael Blyzniuk. "She works very hard on everything she does whether it's academics or athletics."
Kiersten will enroll at Pennsylvania State University. "I think this scholarship shows that my hard work has paid off," she said, "and I'm happy for that."
Go to www.commissaries.com to see a complete list of scholarship winners worldwide
- December 14, 2018The All American Band brings holiday cheer 12 days before Christmas
- December 13, 2018Recycling water nabs state award for Fort Sill, American Water Enterprises
- December 7, 2018Koreans, Americans join together in friendship, honor Veterans at annual event
- December 6, 2018Kiowa Soldier remembered during National Native American Heritage Month
- December 6, 2018Germans and Americans enjoy holiday gathering as conclusion of their year of friendship
- November 28, 2018Native American helps Soldiers find solace
- November 5, 2018Great American Smokeout