Spotlight on...Sgt. 1st Class Andre L. Wilson
By ACC public affairsMay 1, 2013
Sgt. 1st Class Andre L. Wilson is a training noncommissioned officer with the 639th Senior Contingency Contracting Team of the 900th Contingency Contracting Battalion assigned to the Field Directorate Office - Fort Bragg, N.C.Describe your current position
I am currently working as the training NCO for FDO-Fort Bragg where I am responsible for the training of both the military and civilian workforce.Describe your passion for the job
My passion comes from within. There is nothing more important to me than ensuring that our contracting professionals receive any and all the training that's available to them.Where do you call home? Tell us about your family. What you enjoy doing during your spare time?
With me being an Army brat, I call Columbus, Ga., home. I was born in El Paso, Texas, but spent the majority of my life in Columbus. My father served 20 years in the Army as a light-wheeled vehicle mechanic.
I have been married six years to the lovely LaKeita Wilson and we have two wonderful kids, Iyanna, 7, and Andre, 5.
In my spare time I like spending time with my family. I also enjoy sports (HOW BOUT DEM DAWGS!!!). I am also currently the basketball coach for my daughter's basketball team.How does your job support the Soldier?
Everything we do as contracting professionals supports the Soldier. I have just recently returned from a deployment in Afghanistan where I was the contracting officer for Special Operations Task Force - South. Knowing that what I was doing made an immediate impact on the Soldiers' well-being was a very humbling experience for me. My well-being didn't matter if one war fighter had to go without. It is my responsibility.What would you like others to know about you?
That I am humbled and proud to be a part of the 51C field and that I will not be satisfied until all 51C NCOs are at least (Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act) Level 1-certified.
- August 6, 20203rd Special Forces Group Wins Active Field Feeding Category of the 52nd Philip A. Connelly Award
- July 30, 2020MICC contracting team dives in to support Army engineer detachment
- July 29, 2020902nd CBN provides critical pre-deployment training
- July 28, 2020414th Contract Supporting Brigade Soldier to compete in AMC Best Warrior Competition
- July 24, 20203 MICC contracting offices combine virtual outreach to industry
- July 23, 2020418th CSB uncases colors marking return home
- July 22, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- July 21, 2020ON CONTRACTING: AVOID BRIDGES TO NOWHERE
- July 21, 2020ACQUISITION “SOUND BITE” VIDEOS SIMPLIFY CONTRACTING CONCEPTS
- July 21, 2020The Notice I Never Knew
- July 21, 2020CONTROLLING THE DETAILS
- July 21, 2020Measure What Matters
- July 13, 2020900th CBN concludes COVID-19 support at Fort Bragg’s FOB Patriot