Freedom Team Salute
What is it? Freedom Team Salute (FTS) is an outreach program that recognizes and honors those who have answered the "Call to Duty." The program includes all Army veterans and those who support today's Soldiers: spouses, parents, and the civilian employers of Guard and Reserve Soldiers.
Those nominated for a Freedom Team Salute receive:
- A letter of thanks from the Secretary and Chief of Staff of the Army
- A certificate of appreciation, suitable for framing, signed by the Secretary and Chief of Staff of the Army
- An official Army lapel pin
- An official Army decal
- Periodic updates on the Army (beginning in 2006)
Beginning in 2006, recipients will also receive periodic updates about their Army.
What has the Army done? The program has provided nomination opportunities to tens of thousands of Americans at public events, veteran service organization events, 30 Army installations, and on the web.
- FTS has recognized more than 325,000 Army veterans and supporters since the program's launch in May 2005. The FTS staff is currently processing an additional 600,000 commendations.
- In observance of Veterans Day 2005, the Senate passed Senate Resolution 306 recognizing the contributions of Army veterans and supporting the FTS mission to "recognize the unsung heroes who have served this country."
For more additional information on Freedom Team Salute
For more information on this and other topics see Addendum J in the Army Posture Statement.
Battle Command Knowledge System (BCKS)
The Army's Battle Command Knowledge System (BCKS) is impacting the knowledge management (KM) process Army-wide. BCKS is now planning to expand its KM role as it assists knowledge Management Officers and units as proper KM processes are implemented. By using the right software for the right job and implementing proven processes, BCKS will help planners and operators at all levels of the Army to improve mission focus and performance by filling that void as well as help speed up the doctrine development process.
For more information click here.