The Army has many resources suitable to community events. To request Army resources, the Public Affairs Officer at the closest Army installation nearest the event can assist in determining the availability of support.
Thank you for your interest in an Army aviation asset at your event. We can provide aerial tactical demonstrations and flyovers, to include helicopter static displays at civilian air shows and local patriotic events. The Army Parachute Demonstration Teams, such as the Silver Wings (Fort Benning), Black Daggers, (Fort Bragg) and Screaming Eagles (Fort Campbell) are also available on a limited local basis.
Your event must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- The event or observance must be of sufficient size and significance to justify the use of Army aircraft. The event should benefit the Army, have significant community interest, and be patriotic in tone.
- Event sponsors must agree to formally recognize the unit and individual crewmembers supporting the event or observance during the event or observance.
- The event must be during daylight hours.
- Suspension of flags, banners, streamers, or external loads from Army aircraft during the flyover mission is prohibited.
In order to get started, follow the directions below.
- Download and fill out the DD Form 2535.
- Send the form to your local Flight Standards District Office for approval by the FAA.
- Make sure the form is completely filled out and then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and location of the event in the subject line (i.e. Flyover Request – 10 Dec 2021 – North Tonawanda, New York)
Please do not mail or fax your completed DD Form 2535 as this will significantly increase processing time. If you need additional assistance please call (703) 697 9603.
The United States Army Parachute Team, nicknamed the Golden Knights, is a demonstration and competition parachute team of the United States Army. Please visit the Golden Knights website to make a request.
Thank you for your interest in a Non-Aviation Army asset at your event. In order to get started, follow the directions and map below (please do not fax or mail any requests and understand that if a request is sent by postal mail, processing time will be delayed). Non-aviation requests include Color Guards, ground equipment, Drill Teams, Honor Guards and Horse Cavalry Horse Unit demonstrations.
In order to get started follow the directions below:
- Download and fill out the DD Form 2536.
- Find the Army, Army Reserve or National Guard location closest to the event location and submit your request to the Public Affairs Office at that location. If you do not receive a response to your request please send your request to email@example.com.
The U.S. Army Military District of Washington (MDW) facilitates all requests for support for Military bands for the National Capital Region including Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard elements. Approval and tasking authority is exercised according to governing regulations and practices.
Thank you for your interest in an Army, Army Reserve or Army National Guard band asset at your event. Army bands perform at ceremonies, parades, festivals, professional sporting events, concerts and other public events across the United States. In order to get started, follow the directions below.
- Look up your closest band.
- Use the map to identify your location and select the Army Band near the event; or scroll down and select from the list of Army bands.
- Click on the “+” of the desired Army Band
- Select “Request Performance” and enter your event and contact information and press “submit.”
The Army has a story to tell, and the Army supports Soldiers who tell the story at community events across the country, from small town civic organizations to big city national conventions. If you are an educator, business executive, a member of a civic organization or conference organizer looking for a speaker, contact the Army installation nearest to your event. The thoughtful exchange of information and ideas benefits not only the U.S. Army, but every American. By participating in events sponsored by non-federal entities, Army personnel contribute to a better understanding of the Army, our mission and priorities, as well as the commitment of our Soldiers, civilians, and families. We have subject matter experts on leadership, logistics, Army Life, Fitness and many more areas.
For more information on Army Career expertise, visit GoArmy.com.
In order to get started follow the directions below:
- To request an Army speaker from a unit in your local area, please fill out a DD Form 2536 and contact that units local Public Affairs Office.
- To request an HQDA Army Senior leader, please fill out this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and location of the event in the subject line (i.e. ASL Speaker Request– 10 Dec 2021 – Raleigh, NC). Our Senior Leaders have incredibly busy schedules and all requests may not be accommodated.
There are some requests that cannot be accommodated:
- Fundraising Events
- Support for or during sectarian events or on religious property when related to a religious activity
- Events that charge an entry fee or are closed to the public
- Events detrimental to the interests of the Armed Forces
- Events that directly or indirectly endorse, selectively benefit, or favor any private individual, religious, fraternal organization, political group, commercial venture or is associated with the solicitation of votes in a political election
- Army participation and support that “interferes with the customary or regular employment of local civilians in their act, trade or profession.”
- Events that restrict admission, seating and other accommodations of facilities with regard to race, creed, sex, sexual orientation or national origin