201st MI Battalion Soldier and wife spotlighted on NBC's 'The Today Show'
By Mr. Gregory Ripps (INSCOM)March 27, 2013
Kristi and Chief Warrant Officer 3 Scott Hinson, of the 201st Military Intelligence Battalion, 470th MI Brigade, were spotlighted on NBC's "The Today Show," March 26. The couple was featured on the popular morning show to share the unique way Scott Hinson observed their 20th wedding anniversary as he returned to San Antonio from Afghanistan for a brief rest and relaxation trip.With his daughters in on the surprise, the United Services Organizations of Georgia helped Hinson acquire roses during his layover at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta. On his connecting flight to San Antonio, Hinson asked 19 fellow airline passengers to hand a red rose to Kristi, who was standing next to the "Welcome Home" sign in the luggage area. While one daughter held the sign their second daughter recorded the rose handoff and their parents' ultimate embrace with the 20th rose for YouTube.
- July 8, 2020Michigan National Guard tests people statewide for COVID-19
- July 6, 2020Michigan National Guard conducts drive-thru COVID-19 testing
- July 6, 2020No sign of operations tempo slowing, National Guard Bureau chief says
- July 2, 2020224th MI hosts mentorship ride
- June 30, 2020Michigan Guard members assist car accident victims
- June 29, 2020Michigan Guard staffs COVID-19 drive-thru testing site
- June 26, 2020Infantry Squad Vehicle to “motorize” IBCTs
- June 26, 2020Cyber battalion Unit Ministry Team wins INSCOM top UMT honors
- June 25, 2020Northern Strike remains Guard’s premier joint fires exercise
- June 23, 2020West Virginia field artillery unit resumes normal training
- June 19, 202066th MI thanks youth home for partnership
- June 18, 2020Michigan National Guard helps boost food bank distribution
- June 17, 2020Michigan Guard engineers balance COVID-19 risk, readiness