Army Vice Chief visits Europe's premier training center
By U.S. Army Europe Public AffairsMarch 12, 2013
HEIDELBERG, Germany (Nov. 21, 2012) -- Army Vice Chief of Staff Gen. Lloyd J. Austin III visited with Soldiers, civilians and family members at U.S. Army Europe's Joint Multinational Training Command, or JMTC, in Grafenwoehr Germany, Nov. 19, 2012.In his first visit to JMTC Austin, spoke to commanders and stressed the importance of individuals."The greatest asset of the U.S. Army is not its tanks or helicopters or some sophisticated weapons system, instead it's our people," he said.The general went on to discuss how fiscal restraints shape programs, resources and training the forces, but asked commanders to stay vigilant, taking care of soldiers, families and civilians.Later during the visit Austin was briefed about the unique and complex training available at the Joint Multinational Training Command and the Joint Multinational Readiness Center. The briefing showcased the wide-range of training capabilities available to units.U.S. Army Europe is known for its unique training of U.S. and multinational forces in complex training events."I know you put a lot of work into building the capability we [the Army] currently have here" said Austin. "It's a world-class capability. It's one thing to talk to people about it, and look at videos and slides. It's another thing to get out and lay eyes on it."ABOUT U.S. ARMY EUROPEU.S. Army Europe is uniquely positioned to advance American strategic interests across Eurasia, building teams, assuring allies and deterring enemies. The relationships the command builds during 1,000 theater security cooperation events in more than 40 countries each year lead directly to support for U.S. actions such as in Kosovo, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya.
- August 11, 2020Soldiers, Airmen based in Europe join USAID in supporting Lebanon
- August 11, 2020Dental Health Command Europe conducts change of responsibility ceremony
- August 10, 2020Exercise Forward and Ready 20 a success for Reserve command in Europe
- August 7, 2020Traveling This Summer?
- August 6, 2020Military band creates memories with Stuttgart seniors
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- August 4, 2020Guard, active-duty and reserve forces help Texas hospitals
- July 31, 2020US Army Europe European Best Warriors announced
- July 30, 2020Motorcycle courses help Soldiers hone skills
- July 27, 2020ISEC supports new construction for U.S. Army Europe in Poland
- July 27, 2020Medical Ties Bind Forces in Partnership
- July 22, 2020DEFENDER-Europe 2020 | Army Prepositioned Stock-2 Enables Dynamic Force Employment in Europe
- July 21, 2020Texas Guard launches innovation unit