Eighth Army hosts ceremony at Korean War Memorial
By Walter T. Ham IV, Eighth Army Public AffairsOctober 24, 2012
WASHINGTON (Oct. 24, 2012) -- Senior Eighth Army leaders, South Korean military officials and Korean War veterans participated in a wreath laying ceremony here, Oct. 23, at the Korean War Memorial.
Hosted by Eighth Army, the ceremony was conducted during the Association of the United States Army Annual Meeting and Exposition in the nation's capital.
Eighth Army Commanding General Lt. Gen. John D. Johnson and Command Sgt. Maj. Rodney Harris joined the Korean War veterans at the ceremony.
Johnson thanked the Korean War veterans for their service and said Eighth Army continues to defend the freedom they procured during the three-year conflict.
Eighth Army has served as the principal U.S. Army combat formation on the Korean Peninsula since the start of the Korean War in June 1950.
- September 15, 2017Army, Navy veteran serves again as DLI Korean instructor
- September 14, 2017Crane Honors the Sacrifice of Former POWs and MIAs
- September 14, 2017Meet the Army's 'Dungeon Dragons': the first line of defense on the Korean penninsula
- September 14, 2017Eighth Army Delegation of Authority for Military and Civilian Awards
- September 13, 2017Hispanic Heritage Month Message
- September 12, 2017Patriot ceremony remembers fallen, honors heroes
- September 12, 2017Sergeant Major of the Army urges Army War College, community to remember: Where were you on 9/11?
- September 12, 2017Panzer Kaserne ceremony honors the memory of 9/11
- September 11, 2017Veterans hit the court in the name of healing
- September 11, 2017Forgotten Cold War tactics need re-learning, says BG Tate
- September 10, 2017Bright and Early
- September 10, 2017Starting the Day Off right
- September 10, 2017Breakfast Of Champions
- September 10, 2017TF Spearhead Command Team Attends First Briefing
- September 10, 2017Breakfast of Champions
- September 10, 2017Soldiers Get Acquainted with Firefighting Basics