By USAG-Yongsan Public AffairsMay 1, 2008
YONGSAN GARRISON, Republic of Korea - The Seoul city government will provide free bus transportation for large groups of Servicemembers and their families who want to visit the 2008 Dongdaemun Spring Shopping and Fashion Festival May 1-12.
Groups must have more than 20 people to be eligible for the bus service and be assigned to one of the U.S. Army Garrison-Yongsan installations within Seoul, said An Chang-sin, USAG-Yongsan community relations officer.
"The Seoul Business Agency invites USFK members and their families to a chance to experience Korean fashion shopping culture and events," An said. "This is another great example of the strong relationship we have with the city of Seoul."
Organizations interested must call An at 738-5212 to arrange transportation.
According to the Seoul Business Agency, the Seoul Fashion Center attracts many visitors from the inside and outside of the country by opening annual fashion culture events to revitalize the Dongdaemun market, the biggest fashion market in Korea.
Many events are planned through May 12.
- Shopping events May 1-3, with performances and fashion shows
- Month of family events May 1-12 with promotional gifts and game events, and customer singing contests
- Children's Day events May 5 with various cultural performances for children
- Spring Event 4-8 p.m. May 3-12. Outdoor performances, outdoor fashion show and other events
- Dongdaemun Fashion Bazaar 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 3-12
- Fashion Designer's Fashion Show 7-9 p.m. May 9
- Dance contest 7-9 p.m. May 10. Dance contest open to any individual and dance groups
- Dongdaemun Wholesale Shopping Street and Flea Market around the stadium