By Theresa O'Hagan, Fort Jackson FMWRSeptember 13, 2012
FORT JACKSON, S.C. -- Fort Jackson FMWR shall not be liable for any injury or loss resulting from entrance into or use of the Fort Jackson Dog Park. People entering the dog park do so at their own risk. Patrons assume full responsibility for their actions, and the actions of their dogs inside the dog park.
Fort Jackson Dog Park Rules:
1. The Fort Jackson Dog Park is restricted to authorized patrons of FMWR facilities (according to AR 215-1) and those patrons' dogs only. All patrons must carry a valid military/government ID while in the dog park.
2. Dog owners/handlers must be at least 18 years old.
3. Dog owners/handlers must remain inside the physical confines of the dog park and maintain voice control and clear view of their dog(s) at all times.
4. All dogs have to remain leashed until they have entered the fenced area and the gate has been closed. When exiting, all dogs must be leashed before opening the external gate.
5. Dog owners/handlers are responsible for the actions of their dogs. Aggressive dogs are not allowed. At the first indication of threatening, hostile or combative behavior (regardless of cause), the dog owner must immediately leash the dog(s) and remove the dog(s) from the park.
6. No more than three dogs per owner are allowed in the dog park.
7. All dogs are required to be up to date on their rabies and other vaccinations. Dog owners will need to provide proof of vaccination upon request.
8. Dogs of guests are not allowed.
9. Smoking and eating is prohibited inside the dog park. Small bite-sized dog treats are permitted.
10. The dog park is open from dawn until dusk.
11. Dog owners/handlers are responsible for cleaning up after their dog(s).
12. People accompanying an ID card holder inside the dog park must be at least 10 years old and strictly supervised. No more than three people per party are allowed. All other spectators must remain outside the fenced area.
13. Fort Jackson FMWR reserves the right to deny access to patrons temporally or permanently if these rules are not followed.