Army Deployments to CENTCOM Return to 12 Months
By U.S. ArmyApril 10, 2008
Following President Bush's announcement today, April 10, and as directed by the Secretary of Defense, the U.S. Army will reduce deployment lengths from 15 months to 12 months for all active Army Soldiers deploying to the CENTCOM area of operations, starting on 1 August 2008.
Today's announcement does not affect Soldiers currently deployed and those who will deploy prior to 1 August 2008. Those Soldiers will complete their scheduled deployments.
"We recognize the selfless service and unwavering commitment of America's courageous Soldiers, and are profoundly grateful for the sacrifice and support by Army Families," said Army Secretary Pete Geren.
"This announcement is another step in our effort to restore balance to our Army," said Army Chief of Staff Gen. George W. Casey, Jr. "Returning to our 12-month policy-combined with the growth in our force-will allow us to gradually reduce the stress on the force and prepare for the full-range of missions."
The modified policy does not affect current dwell policies. Upon return from deployment, units will not be deployed again for at least 12 months. There may be exceptions to this policy given unforeseen circumstances.
- 30 -
- June 22, 20181st TSC STB completes first change of command, responsibility at Knox
- June 22, 2018Pennsylvania National Guard leadership visit Lithuania, marks 25th anniversary of partnership
- June 22, 2018Illinois National Guard lead Texas National Guard in Civil Operations Program training
- June 22, 2018Functional Area 49 Operations Research and Systems Analysis Announcement
- June 21, 2018Winners announced for Young Lives, BIG Stories Contest
- June 19, 2018TVA, congressional tour showcases Redstone
- June 19, 20183rd Squadron, 16th Cavalry Regiment, serves doughnuts at Columbus homeless shelter
- June 18, 2018EPA and Army Announce Updated Guidance for Alaska's Wetlands
- June 18, 2018Kansas Guard provides humanitarian support during Golden Coyote
- June 14, 2018DeCA announce Fort Knox as one of 11 ProCamp event sites
- June 14, 2018Kansas Soldiers react to IEDs during convoy training
- June 8, 2018VIDEO: Fort Benning hosts summit for emerging leaders in safety profession
- June 8, 2018536th Support Maintenance Company redeploys from CENTCOM
- June 7, 2018Career options available - Program announces new industry offerings
- June 6, 2018DOD Exoskeleton Technical Interchange Meeting focuses on reducing warfighter's load
- June 5, 2018Army Secretary Esper announces 'Army Vision' for 2028