'Hell and Back, Special Ops Ranger' episode to premiere July 8
By 75th Ranger Regiment Public AffairsJuly 6, 2012
FORT BENNING, Ga. (USASOC News Service, July 3, 2012) -- The Discovery Channel is scheduled to release a one hour documentary that follows a class through the 75th Ranger Regiment's Assessment and Selection Program.The program is titled 'Hell and Back, Special Ops Ranger.' The episode premieres Sunday, July 8 at 9 p.m., EST, on the Discovery Channel. Check your local listing for more information.This is an unprecedented glimpse of initial training that every enlisted Soldier must successfully complete before he is assigned to one of the four Ranger Battalions.QUICK FACTS• Every volunteer Soldier must complete the Ranger Assessment and Selection Program 1, or RASP, for duty with the 75th Ranger Regiment.
• 114 Soldiers started Class 5-12; 91 Rangers graduated.
• RASP tests Soldiers physically and mentally from marksmanship and demolitions to Ranger First Responder and close-quarter combat drills.
• RASP is run by the Regimental Special Troops Battalion at Fort Benning, Ga.ABOUT THE 75TH RANGER REGIMENTThe 75th Ranger Regiment is the Army's premier direct action raid force. It is capable of planning, executing and commanding and controlling large and complex joint special operations throughout the range of combat missions.For example, these operations include special reconnaissance, direct action raids, offensive infantry operations, forcible entry operations, and partnering with host nation forces.The Regiment is also trained, resourced and equipped to provide an agile, responsive infantry force that can respond to emergency contingency plans in uncertain and sensitive environments.The 75th Ranger Regiment has been continuously deployed in support of overseas contingency operations since October 2001.
- September 11, 2020Training does not stop at the 1st Mission Support Command
- September 11, 2020President awards Medal of Honor to Army Ranger for hostage rescue
- September 11, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Medal of Honor for Sgt. Maj. Thomas P. Payne
- September 10, 2020'Just completely different' 59-year-old BCT graduate reflects on the experience
- September 10, 2020The 75th Ranger Regiment conducts Single Ranger Retreats
- September 8, 2020Joint promotion ceremony special for Washington Guard family
- September 4, 2020ROTC instructors appreciate McCoy’s capabilities to support training
- September 3, 2020Army Ranger to receive Medal of Honor for hostage rescue mission
- September 1, 2020World War II-era Exchange employee receives Fort McCoy cheer-up
- September 1, 2020USAG Italy new school year, new changes
- August 29, 2020Two Special Operations Soldiers Killed in Aircraft Mishap
- August 25, 2020Pershing's Own Presents the Annual 1812 Overture Concert
- August 20, 202075th FA Brigade Soldier wins FORSCOM NCO of Year