412th Theater Engineer Command 2012 Best Warrior Competition day two
By Spc. William J. Taylor 314th PAOCJune 27, 2017
FORT RUCKER, Ala. -- With little to no sleep, competitors tackled day two of the 412th Theater Engineer Command's Best Warrior Competition with the same level of intensity as day one.The day's events started at the M9 pistol qualification course, where many of the competitors fired the weapon for the first time. The M9 pistol is normally issued to officers and high-ranking noncommissioned officers.The Soldiers then completed a 10-kilometer ruck march over hilly terrain in near 90-degree temperature."This is by far and large the most interesting thing I have ever done," said Sgt. Andrew Wallburg, 375th Engineer Company, Huntsville, Ala. "It has taxed me to every limit I have known in the military."The Soldiers finished the day with Army Warrior Tasks, and a mystery event, which required them to assemble and disassemble a M4 Rifle, a M240-B Squad Automatic Weapon and a M9 Pistol.
- May 29, 2020Ivy Soldiers Participate in Best Warrior Competition
- May 29, 2020Standardized professional driver certification a reality thanks in part to ATC engineer
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020The Profession of Acquisition
- May 28, 2020Engineering Acquisition
- May 27, 2020Honolulu District hydraulic engineer named 2019 USACE Climate Champion Award winner
- May 27, 2020U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Far East District, completes construction of 3rd generation hardened aircraft shelters at Kunsan Air Base
- May 27, 2020Aviation, Missile Center engineer honored by alma mater
- May 26, 2020Army Aviation Upgrades the T700 Engine
- May 25, 2020Fort Knox senior leaders pay homage to fallen warriors on Memorial Day
- May 18, 2020SDDC delivers strategic readiness during DEFENDER-Europe 20
- May 15, 2020Warrior medics deploy to CENTCOM region
- May 12, 2020Adapting for the Climb