CECOM recognized as the Army's Exceptional Safety Organization in FY 11
By CECOM ReleaseApril 16, 2012
Each year, the U.S. Army recognizes organizations for their Safety and Occupational Health initiatives.This year, the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command received the 2011 Exceptional Organization Safety Award at the Army level. This is the second year in a row that CECOM has won this prestigious award, given by the Secretary of the Army and the Army Chief of Staff. The Army awards just ten safety awards each year.CECOM was first named as the Army Materiel Command Exceptional Organization, which qualified them to compete at the Big Army level. The distinction, awarded once each fiscal year, is given to the organization who exhibits the most effective safety program, overall. Organizations are measured against criteria to include: management leadership-employee involvement; worksite analysis; hazard prevention and control; safety and health training and other significant accident prevention/reduction initiatives and accomplishments."Although this Directorate is responsible to oversee the safety program, this award for CECOM is a direct result of our Senior Leaders' commitment to the safety program and the dedication of the various Collateral Duty Safety Officers designated throughout the Command," said Craig Goldberg, deputy director, CECOM Directorate for Safety.Safety awards enhance Army operations and improve safety awareness throughout the workforce, a vital piece to our Army's readiness to serve our most valuable customers, the Soldier, according to AMC regulations. Its focus is to ensure the workforce remains informed and observant of safe work practices to avoid accidents and remain ready at all times.
- May 29, 2020History packed Honor Field sees increased visitors
- May 29, 2020Fort Jackson teacher finalist for Educator of Promise Award
- May 29, 2020CECOM COVID-19 Update May 28, 2020
- May 29, 2020FMWR moving toward return of normal operations
- May 29, 2020Senior Leadership Organizational Chart
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020First DoD medical personnel licensed to practice in Kuwait
- May 27, 2020Army awards nearly $3M to push research boundaries in off-road autonomy
- May 26, 2020Semper Fi!
- May 26, 2020Saber Squadron One Step Closer to Army's Top Maintenance Award
- May 22, 20201st Medical Brigade leader recognized by Dental Corps
- May 20, 2020ASA(ALT) Senior Leadership Organizational Chart
- April 28, 2020CECOM motor pool team recognized for extraordinary service