Army Vice Chief of Staff Announcement
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)February 5, 2008
The Department of Defense announced today, Feb. 5, the nomination of Lt. Gen. Raymond Odierno as the next Vice Chief of Staff of the Army. Gen. Richard A. Cody will remain the Army Vice Chief of Staff through mid to late summer.
"I congratulated Gen. Odierno on his nomination," Cody said. "I'm not sure there's a better job in the U.S. Army. When you sit in this seat, you can get things done for Soldiers. Our Soldiers deserve nothing less from their leadership, and I will be working 24-7 for them, our Civilians and their Families until the day I leave."
- 30 -
For more information, please contact Alison Bettencourt, Army Public Affairs 703-693-8603.
- October 12, 2018I Corps welcomes new deputy commanding general
- October 12, 2018Last issue of 'The Gold Standard' presented to Fort Knox senior commander
- October 11, 2018Rediscovering Fort Knox: Vice President Agnew visits Fort Knox in 1971
- October 10, 2018Ostrowski Discusses 'Revolutionary' Changes
- October 9, 2018Army readiness, lethality increasing amidst troubled world, says CSA
- October 4, 2018MG Mitchell tours ANAD
- October 3, 2018Brig. Gen. Dennis P. LeMaster mentors future leaders
- October 1, 2018Total Force Discussion panel kicks off 2018 Mission Command Workshop
- September 28, 2018Soldier's childhood dream becomes reality
- September 28, 2018Basic combat training graduation pulls family members from WWII to Gen Z
- September 28, 2018Rediscovering Fort Knox: 'Sons of thunder' Guderian, Patton meet at Fort Knox
- September 27, 2018Course gets senior NCOs ready for life after Army
- September 5, 2018Richardson confirmed as Futures Command deputy
- August 31, 2018Safer, smarter, faster: An interview with Gen. James McConville