Army Vice Chief of Staff Announcement
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)February 5, 2008
The Department of Defense announced today, Feb. 5, the nomination of Lt. Gen. Raymond Odierno as the next Vice Chief of Staff of the Army. Gen. Richard A. Cody will remain the Army Vice Chief of Staff through mid to late summer.
"I congratulated Gen. Odierno on his nomination," Cody said. "I'm not sure there's a better job in the U.S. Army. When you sit in this seat, you can get things done for Soldiers. Our Soldiers deserve nothing less from their leadership, and I will be working 24-7 for them, our Civilians and their Families until the day I leave."
- 30 -
For more information, please contact Alison Bettencourt, Army Public Affairs 703-693-8603.
- January 8, 2019Fort Knox 2019 Volunteer of the Year nominations sought
- December 13, 2018Pa. Guard welcomes Lithuanians to Fort Indiantown Gap
- December 12, 2018PRIDE OF THE EAGLE: 101st Big 5 Rock band pays tribute to Gold Star Families
- December 3, 2018Remembering President #41 George H.W. Bush
- November 27, 2018Soldier Spotlight
- November 26, 2018WBAMC nurses recognized for care, compassion
- November 10, 2018Grammy-nominated Country duo Thompson Square to perform at Saber & Quill Nov. 16
- October 25, 2018Mission command solutions set to leverage Soldier feedback, inform Army Network design choices
- October 11, 2018Rediscovering Fort Knox: Vice President Agnew visits Fort Knox in 1971
- September 28, 2018Soldier's childhood dream becomes reality
- September 27, 2018Course gets senior NCOs ready for life after Army
- September 5, 2018Richardson confirmed as Futures Command deputy
- August 31, 2018Safer, smarter, faster: An interview with Gen. James McConville
- August 1, 2018Army vice chief: Strong ethical foundation could boost retention