Submissions to Soldiers
By Amy DetwilerDecember 27, 2011
A copy of Soldiers was recently passed on to me by a co-worker who performed an assignment at Fort A.P. Hill, Va.As a former magazine editor and freelance writer, I was wondering if you accept outside submission from civilians' If so, can you provide an editorial calendar and writer's guidelines' I'd be interested in submitting articles for your consideration, as well as accompanying photographs.Thank you for your kinds attention.Amy Detwiler
Altamonte Springs, Fla.RESPONSE to letter:Soldiers magazine accepts submissions from servicemembers and civilians alike, as long as they directly pertain to the Army.Generally speaking, the editorial staff roughly plans out issues six to nine months prior to the publication month. For example, content through the June 2011 issue has already been determined. However, due to ever changing priorities, we do not publish an editorial calendar.For more information about the submission guidelines and processes, please e-mail the editor in chief at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Defense Media Activity, Army Production Division assignment desk at email@example.com.
- March 27, 2020Commissaries in a war zone
- March 26, 2020Carson heightens health protection condition level
- March 26, 2020Fort Carson stands up virus testing center
- March 26, 2020Hire a Soldier Magazine - Issue 3
- March 25, 2020DeCA, West Point Commissary adjust shopping limits, implement other changes
- March 20, 2020Fort Rucker leaders conduct Facebook Live town hall to inform community about COVID-19
- March 2, 2020CCDC Aviation, Missile Center women honored for making mark on manufacturing
- February 7, 2020Frank Cohn: refugee, liberator, Army officer
- January 31, 2020From the Editor | Changes in 2020
- January 29, 2020Diamond Brigade Soldiers Conduct Army's New Marksmanship Qualification
- January 23, 2020Fort Jackson student publishd in international magazine
- January 13, 2020Newest Army AL&T magazine quest? 'Understanding Acquisition'
- January 8, 2020Deer harvested on FLW makes 'Best Bucks' list
- December 13, 201925th ID Tests New Combat Focused Marksmanship Qualification
- December 3, 2019Editorial: Christmas holiday traditions require friends, family as ingredients
- November 26, 2019Progressive Grocer names FLW Commissary store director one of their 'Top Women in Grocery'