MICC leaders visit JROTC cadets
By Ben Gonzales, MIssion and Installation Contracing CommandJanuary 18, 2011
SAN ANTONIO: Junior ROTC cadets at Tom C. Clark High School and John Jay High School recently hosted the Mission and Installation Contracting Command commanding general where he discussed service to the Nation.Brig. Gen. Stephen B. Leisenring and Command Sgt. Maj. Clinton Jackson, MICC command sergeant major, visited the schools and were treated to performances by the cadets' drill and ceremony squads and talked with the students. Leisenring spoke to the students about integrity and what it takes to succeed after high school and congratulated the cadets for their outstanding leadership displayed in their schools and communities.Both groups of cadets routinely conduct food drives for their communities. The general pointed out those students who step up to be a part of Junior ROTC become leaders in their schools. "What you are doing today, as you learn all about the military, could be the first step into a great military career," Leisenring told the cadets."I encourage you to stick with Junior ROTC as it could lead to a promising military profession where you can do great things for our country. Junior ROTC cadets have dramatically higher numbers of graduation than others not involved in this worthwhile program, and I applaud you and your instructors for being dedicated to this worthwhile program."Before they left, the general and sergeant major presented command coins to the top cadets from Clark and John Jay high schools for their leadership and outstanding performance.
- August 10, 2020CLD leaders build detail from scratch after last minute change of duties
- August 7, 2020Summer Interns Broaden Their Experience, Contribute to the NTC Mission
- August 7, 2020Cadets lead from the front during summer camp in Puerto Rico
- August 6, 2020Pathways program welcomes 39 new students
- August 5, 2020Cadets learn to be resilient during two-week course
- August 5, 2020With uncertainty at every corner, McAlpin finds her niche as a leader
- August 5, 2020Day two of ROTC Summer Camp in Puerto Rico
- August 5, 2020Summer Expo helps ready kids for school
- August 3, 2020ROTC Summer Camp, Operation Agile Leader begins in Puerto Rico!
- July 30, 2020Soft spoken but a fighter, Walker commands CBT this summer
- July 30, 2020West Point cadets conduct new Army Rifle Qualification Test
- July 28, 2020W.Va. Future Leaders Program prepares for new academic year
- July 24, 2020DoDEA prepares to welcome students back to a safe and COVID-free environment