Letter to Soldiers and veterans
By Editor in chiefOctober 27, 2010
The November issue of Soldiers features a variety of stories, several highlighting former Soldiers in honor of Veterans Day.
This month, we tell the stories of Soldiers-turned-musicians; a recently retired general known to most as "Hondo;" veterans who have found their calling by sorting through historic artifacts; and a former gunner and vehicle commander, who doesn't let his war wounds get in the way of his dreams.
You will also find out what life was like for the first women who graduated from West Point; how The Institute of Heraldry has evolved over the past 50 years; learn about the teams the Army sends to combat zones to solicit Soldiers' input about the gear they use, and assess the equipment used in the fight; and discover that Soldiers operate not only in the air and on land, but also in the water.
On behalf of the Soldiers magazine staff, I hope you are enlightened and entertained by this month's features. Thank you for your service, and for the sacrifices you make each and every day.
Carrie McLeroy, Editor in chief, Soldiers magazine
- October 22, 2019AMCOM Veteran Spotlight: Former medical supply specialist becomes Army attorney
- October 22, 2019AMCOM Veteran Spotlight: Self-starter finds calling in the military
- October 22, 2019AMCOM Veteran Spotlight: Soldier values mark civilian success
- October 22, 2019AMCOM Veteran Spotlight: Protocol Specialist cooked up a successful Army career
- October 22, 2019AMCOM Veteran Spotlight: Management Analyst credits diverse military experience for civilian success
- October 22, 2019AMCOM Veteran Spotlight: AMCOM attorney, veteran focuses his career on service to country
- October 22, 2019AMCOM Veteran Spotlight: Veteran continues to serve out of uniform
- October 16, 2019Soldier shares domestic violence story
- October 11, 2019Gordon's Story Tails, Love on a Leash make reading paw-sitively fun, educational
- October 8, 2019PS Magazine shifts to fully online information portal
- October 8, 2019USACAPOC Soldier remains 'humbled' to represent the Army Reserve
- October 4, 2019Army Best Medic Competition features military working dogs for first-time
- October 3, 2019Veteran Suicide Awareness Bike Ride
- October 3, 2019Luncheon features music, history, fellowship
- October 1, 2019Fall issue of AL&T Magazine asks how to support future force
- October 1, 2019Maj. Gen. R. Scott Dingle, Army Surgeon General, Salutes Supporters of Paralyzed Veterans Golf Open