Letter to Soldiers and veterans
By Editor in chiefOctober 27, 2010
The November issue of Soldiers features a variety of stories, several highlighting former Soldiers in honor of Veterans Day.
This month, we tell the stories of Soldiers-turned-musicians; a recently retired general known to most as "Hondo;" veterans who have found their calling by sorting through historic artifacts; and a former gunner and vehicle commander, who doesn't let his war wounds get in the way of his dreams.
You will also find out what life was like for the first women who graduated from West Point; how The Institute of Heraldry has evolved over the past 50 years; learn about the teams the Army sends to combat zones to solicit Soldiers' input about the gear they use, and assess the equipment used in the fight; and discover that Soldiers operate not only in the air and on land, but also in the water.
On behalf of the Soldiers magazine staff, I hope you are enlightened and entertained by this month's features. Thank you for your service, and for the sacrifices you make each and every day.
Carrie McLeroy, Editor in chief, Soldiers magazine
- August 16, 2017Mr. William F. Moore | Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, G-4
- August 16, 2017Operation Proper Exit veterans return to the battlefield
- August 15, 2017101st Airborne Division Soldiers in famous Vietnam photo interviewed for first time
- August 14, 2017100 years of the Rainbow Division marked in August 12 ceremony on Long Island
- August 14, 2017Michael Stephens: Virtual Fitness Challenge
- August 14, 2017Korean National Liberation Day
- August 10, 2017Army Medicine Hosts Twilight Tattoo
- August 10, 2017Honoring veterans with Purple Heart monument
- August 9, 2017Rock Island Arsenal's senior commander speaks at local fair
- August 9, 2017VA, DOD provide training, job opportunities for transitioning military members in Europe
- August 8, 2017Under Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy: Initial Message to the Force
- July 31, 2017Combat medic, Medal of Honor recipient welcomes battle brothers home during pinning ceremony
- July 28, 2017Gamble honors veteran's sacrifices, preservation of freedom, at Korean War remembrance
- July 28, 2017'Where it all started:' museum highlights groundbreaking genesis of Army aviation
- July 27, 2017'Demon' brigade pilots fly Apache helicopter to veterans picnic
- July 23, 2017France Honors Two With Legion of Honor Medal