Letter to Soldiers and veterans
By Editor in chiefOctober 27, 2010
The November issue of Soldiers features a variety of stories, several highlighting former Soldiers in honor of Veterans Day.
This month, we tell the stories of Soldiers-turned-musicians; a recently retired general known to most as "Hondo;" veterans who have found their calling by sorting through historic artifacts; and a former gunner and vehicle commander, who doesn't let his war wounds get in the way of his dreams.
You will also find out what life was like for the first women who graduated from West Point; how The Institute of Heraldry has evolved over the past 50 years; learn about the teams the Army sends to combat zones to solicit Soldiers' input about the gear they use, and assess the equipment used in the fight; and discover that Soldiers operate not only in the air and on land, but also in the water.
On behalf of the Soldiers magazine staff, I hope you are enlightened and entertained by this month's features. Thank you for your service, and for the sacrifices you make each and every day.
Carrie McLeroy, Editor in chief, Soldiers magazine
- August 17, 2018Lawton-Fort Sill Veterans Centers celebrates vet's 100th birthday
- August 15, 2018U. S. Army Medical Exhibit Featured at National Family Physician Conference
- August 14, 2018Senior Physician Assistant featured in President George W. Bush's Portraits of Courage traveling art
- August 10, 2018Mobile command post advances set the course for survivability and overmatch
- August 8, 2018Veteran shares resiliency experiences with Rock Island Arsenal workforce
- August 7, 2018A grinding success story
- August 3, 2018Fort Benning Career Skills Program reaches new heights
- August 3, 2018Fifty years ago in TACOM news -- August 1968: "General Westmoreland Praises TACOM Employees"
- August 1, 2018Native American, Vietnam Veteran receives care at Army Reserve IRT clinic
- August 1, 2018First Encounters program makes using healthcare at Irwin Army Community Hospital easy
- August 1, 2018Eisenhower Army Medical Center's August edition of Rounds magazine
- July 27, 2018Share your story, make a difference
- July 26, 2018Veterans may be eligible for tax refunds
- July 25, 2018Photo Essay: TEST STORY JBLM is packed with summer fun
- July 19, 2018'Their story needs to be told:' Public affairs officer strives to share Soldiers' experiences