By Editor in chiefAugust 27, 2010
In May, Soldiers published a story about the Army's last draftee on continuous active duty ("40-year draftee," pages 20 to 25).
Since then, we have been informed of another draftee on continuous active duty-a warrant officer; of course, it's possible there are others.
Superlatives related to military service are fascinating and sometimes noteworthy: longest serving, oldest or most decorated, for instance. However, when you have to consider variables such as continuous versus segmented service, active duty versus reserve component, or commissioned versus enlisted versus warrant, those claims become more difficult to validate. This is likely the reason Army Human Resources Command doesn't maintain such statistics.
One superlative Soldiers magazine stands by, however, is that America's Soldiers-from every component, draftee or not-are the best in the world.
- August 18, 2017Old Guard Paves Way for Army's New Dining Strategy
- August 17, 2017Fort Leonard Wood Antiterrorism Awareness Month: Reacting to an active shooter
- August 16, 2017Training aims to increase active shooter preparedness
- August 16, 2017Army JAG couple continues service with U.S. Army Reserve
- August 10, 2017Muslim chaplain lives to 'perform or provide'
- August 8, 2017Tripler: Part of $2.2 million study to test potential new treatment for PTSD symptoms
- August 8, 2017Daly pins on third-star, becomes AMC deputy commander and Redstone senior commander
- August 8, 2017Army vets team with Nevada State Partnership Program for Tongan zoology health study
- August 8, 2017Maneuvering on the road to awesome
- August 1, 2017JBLM team wins Army Medicine 3rd quarter Wolf Pack award
- August 1, 2017Jewish chaplain cares about Soldiers and cadets of all faiths
- July 26, 2017Move Towards Health Program Empowers Participants to Reach Health Goals
- July 19, 2017Surviving an Active Shooter Incident: Run, Hide, Fight!
- July 19, 2017Apache pilots conduct advanced range operations
- July 18, 2017Wyoming National Guard exercises readiness
- July 17, 2017Wisconsin National Guard ends flood-relief mission