By Editor in chiefAugust 27, 2010
In May, Soldiers published a story about the Army's last draftee on continuous active duty ("40-year draftee," pages 20 to 25).
Since then, we have been informed of another draftee on continuous active duty-a warrant officer; of course, it's possible there are others.
Superlatives related to military service are fascinating and sometimes noteworthy: longest serving, oldest or most decorated, for instance. However, when you have to consider variables such as continuous versus segmented service, active duty versus reserve component, or commissioned versus enlisted versus warrant, those claims become more difficult to validate. This is likely the reason Army Human Resources Command doesn't maintain such statistics.
One superlative Soldiers magazine stands by, however, is that America's Soldiers-from every component, draftee or not-are the best in the world.
- May 22, 2018For Army divers, excavating underwater tombs is a solemn, honorable duty
- May 21, 2018Lack of BAH supporting documents affects soldiers pay
- May 21, 2018Mock cyber attacks as part of Cyber Shield 18
- May 18, 2018'Fit Food Challenge' completed; healthier lifestyle changes continue
- May 18, 2018First Army hosts its inaugural warrant officer summit
- May 14, 2018Soldiers begin I Corps Best Warrior Competition
- May 14, 2018Explosive Safety: How the Army Ammunition Warrant Officer Supports the Commander
- May 10, 2018Newest Bandmaster of National Guard's Oldest Military Band
- May 10, 2018Iowa National Guard continues strong partnership with Kosovo Security Force
- May 9, 2018Volunteers at local equine rescue heal through care, love
- May 9, 2018USASOAC welcomes new Command Chief Warrant Officer
- May 8, 2018Army tradition continues as health care recruiter gets promoted on top of world
- May 8, 2018Awareness presentation focuses on off-duty mishap reduction
- May 7, 2018Change in work duties not a problem for natural leader
- May 1, 2018Depot continues mutual aid support to surrounding communities, statewide
- April 26, 2018CID: 'Sextortion' Scams continue to occur; don't give into scammer's demands