By Editor in chiefAugust 27, 2010
In May, Soldiers published a story about the Army's last draftee on continuous active duty ("40-year draftee," pages 20 to 25).
Since then, we have been informed of another draftee on continuous active duty-a warrant officer; of course, it's possible there are others.
Superlatives related to military service are fascinating and sometimes noteworthy: longest serving, oldest or most decorated, for instance. However, when you have to consider variables such as continuous versus segmented service, active duty versus reserve component, or commissioned versus enlisted versus warrant, those claims become more difficult to validate. This is likely the reason Army Human Resources Command doesn't maintain such statistics.
One superlative Soldiers magazine stands by, however, is that America's Soldiers-from every component, draftee or not-are the best in the world.
- January 18, 2019N.Y. Soldiers and Airmen on duty as major snow storm of 2019 approaches
- January 16, 2019'Hamilton's Own' celebrates 243 years of service
- January 15, 2019RHC-P continues global health mission in Palau
- January 9, 2019Army Engineers Arrive to Lead Continued Joint-Service Efforts to Install Temporary Roofs after Yutu
- January 9, 2019Soldier Center tests new Army combat boot prototypes with basic training and active duty Soldiers
- January 6, 2019Forensics brings new ways to fight counterinsurgency warfare
- December 31, 2018Nevada Guard on duty during 'America's party' in Las Vegas
- December 27, 2018Glens Falls' Christmas Eve Road March continues for 15th year
- December 26, 2018'Tis the season to be safe on the road
- December 20, 2018Spirit of giving continues at Saipan holiday fair
- December 17, 2018One chaplain's faith and duty: To serve those who serve, where others fear to go
- December 13, 2018Picatinny Arsenal Chaplain Walsh retires from "dream duty station"