By Editor in chiefAugust 27, 2010
In May, Soldiers published a story about the Army's last draftee on continuous active duty ("40-year draftee," pages 20 to 25).
Since then, we have been informed of another draftee on continuous active duty-a warrant officer; of course, it's possible there are others.
Superlatives related to military service are fascinating and sometimes noteworthy: longest serving, oldest or most decorated, for instance. However, when you have to consider variables such as continuous versus segmented service, active duty versus reserve component, or commissioned versus enlisted versus warrant, those claims become more difficult to validate. This is likely the reason Army Human Resources Command doesn't maintain such statistics.
One superlative Soldiers magazine stands by, however, is that America's Soldiers-from every component, draftee or not-are the best in the world.
- October 18, 2018Lane closures planned as bridge work continues
- October 12, 2018Sustainment leaders challenge warrant officers to be problem preventers
- October 11, 2018Polish medical student returns to hospital that cared for battle-wounded father
- October 5, 2018Transition to warrant officer goes with medical technician territory
- October 1, 2018New York City draftee Soldiers made history as the Lost Battalion in October 1918
- September 27, 2018New Brian D. Allgood Army Community Hospital continues to rise
- September 25, 2018Afghanistan District continues building Afghan capacity with on-going construction
- September 24, 2018Benning Soldier lives Army values off duty, intervenes in potentially deadly situation
- September 21, 2018Air Defense Artillery honors legendary warrant officer
- September 18, 2018'It's not over': Rescue missions continue in hurricane's aftermath
- September 13, 201810th AAMDC Hosts U.S. Army warrant officer "Century of Service" commemoration
- September 4, 2018CYBER SNAPSHOT: Chief Warrant Officer 4 Raul Negron