By Editor in chiefAugust 27, 2010
In May, Soldiers published a story about the Army's last draftee on continuous active duty ("40-year draftee," pages 20 to 25).
Since then, we have been informed of another draftee on continuous active duty-a warrant officer; of course, it's possible there are others.
Superlatives related to military service are fascinating and sometimes noteworthy: longest serving, oldest or most decorated, for instance. However, when you have to consider variables such as continuous versus segmented service, active duty versus reserve component, or commissioned versus enlisted versus warrant, those claims become more difficult to validate. This is likely the reason Army Human Resources Command doesn't maintain such statistics.
One superlative Soldiers magazine stands by, however, is that America's Soldiers-from every component, draftee or not-are the best in the world.
- August 16, 2018First Army highlights training opportunities for Reserve Component
- August 14, 2018Excelsior: EMARSS continues fielding critical assets
- August 9, 2018Field artillery warrants celebrate specialty's birthday
- August 1, 2018Highest ranking Army National Guard warrant officer visits Troops in Germany
- August 1, 2018Bridge company plays crucial role in multi-component exercise
- July 31, 2018Kandahar Airfield celebrates warrant officer 100th birthday
- July 30, 2018A legacy of soldiering continued
- July 26, 2018Warrant officers hold centennial celebration
- July 24, 2018Trans. Corps welcomes Williamson as new Regimental Warrant Officer
- July 24, 2018Warrant officer celebration spotlights 'transformational' purpose of cohort
- July 18, 2018Command Chief Warrant Officer retires after 35 years
- July 17, 2018Retired warrant officer soars into ranks of Eagle Rising Society
- July 17, 2018WOCC celebrates 100th birthday of Warrant Officer Cohort
- July 12, 2018Installation to celebrate 100 years of warrant officers
- July 11, 2018Warrant Officers at Camp Humphreys Celebrates 100th Birthday
- July 10, 2018PRNG celebrates Warrant Officer Corps 100th birthday