By Editor in chiefAugust 27, 2010
In May, Soldiers published a story about the Army's last draftee on continuous active duty ("40-year draftee," pages 20 to 25).
Since then, we have been informed of another draftee on continuous active duty-a warrant officer; of course, it's possible there are others.
Superlatives related to military service are fascinating and sometimes noteworthy: longest serving, oldest or most decorated, for instance. However, when you have to consider variables such as continuous versus segmented service, active duty versus reserve component, or commissioned versus enlisted versus warrant, those claims become more difficult to validate. This is likely the reason Army Human Resources Command doesn't maintain such statistics.
One superlative Soldiers magazine stands by, however, is that America's Soldiers-from every component, draftee or not-are the best in the world.
- October 12, 2019'Wolfpack' support students during fall festival, continue helping community
- October 11, 2019USACE: Deep Creek Bridge Replacement Project continues to progress
- October 10, 2019Operation Eagle Wrench: Sustainers build continuity across Air Assault Division
- October 8, 2019Army developing improved ways to manage NCO talents
- October 7, 2019National PA Week Celebrates 51 Years
- October 7, 2019Fire Prevention Week Activities Planned at USAG Italy
- October 3, 2019New commander at Special Operations Aviation Command
- October 1, 2019Winning War Using Capabilities of the Sustainment Enterprise: Forward Repair Activity
- September 30, 2019Crane Army Ammunition Activity distributes quality munitions to warfighters
- September 30, 2019Crane Army Ammunition Activity refurbishes unserviceable munitions
- September 30, 2019Crane Army Ammunition Activity produces rounds for explosive ordnance disposal teams
- September 27, 2019Fort Sill workshop to introduce women to outdoor activities
- September 20, 2019SMDC command chief warrant officer discusses role
- September 16, 2019SMDC establishes first command chief warrant officer